Java» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring big irrigation areas - 3 points or more? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikey Mike
Poland
flag msg tools
I have found on the forum the following explanation:

"Yes, the irrigation areas on the board are scored as per irrigation tiles, and you can add irrigation tiles to them to make them bigger and worth more points."

But I am not convinced, because this way it would be very easy to score a lot of points. For example it is much easier to enclose one irrigation area consisting of three irrigation tiles than three separate irrigation tiles. And a player would score 9 points for both.

Can anyone clarify that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
3 points per tile enclosed. It's in every language in my original rulebook. And remember that you need to take up the highest spot around the lake with a worker in order to get the VPs. It's not a matter of putting down tiles and claiming VPs until kingdome come. You'll soon find that if you think it is, others will thank you for providing excellent scaffolding on which to erect valuable palaces. So don't even think about turning 'ignoring lake size' into a house rule: you'll unbalance the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
3 points per tile enclosed. It's in every language in my original rulebook. And remember that you need to take up the highest spot around the lake with a worker in order to get the VPs. It's not a matter of putting down tiles and claiming VPs until kingdome come. You'll soon find that if you think it is, others will thank you for providing excellent scaffolding on which to erect valuable palaces. So don't even think about turning 'ignoring lake size' into a house rule: you'll unbalance the game.

Making lakes valuable was a very interesting design choice. That drives lake creation early in the game which is what forms the topography of the board for the rest of the game as lakes constrain later builds considerably. Play the rules as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.