8 Posts

Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Ineligible through next card" and winter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alberto cherubini
msg tools
Hallo,
several events make a faction "ineligible through next card".
If the even is played, but next card is winter,

does the effect carries through to the card after winter (i.e. that faction is not made eligible during the spring phase),

or it is considered expired by the winter card, i.e. the eligibility roundd of the spring card happens normally?

(sorry for the lengthy wording, but our gaming group is not native english speaker so trying to be completely unambiguous)

thanks in advance !

Alberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko has said that the rules should be interpreted literally. Thus next card would be Winter. All factions should be eligible after Winter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The Winter card is a card, so Spring will reset Eligibilty normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shonai Dweller
Japan
flag msg tools
Is a faction hit with 'ineligible through winter' in this way able to use their Winter Campaign capability during harvest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the game reached players, I've seen some questions about the this change to a faction's eligibility. May I suggest to import, at least partially, in the next reprint the player note from Fire in the Lake's Rule 2.3.6?

This fragment should help people easily keep track of the eligibility:

Quote:
Mark a Faction thus rendered Ineligible by placing its cylinder with (under) the executing Faction’s, to show that it will be Ineligible for the next card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shonai_Dweller wrote:
Is a faction hit with 'ineligible through winter' in this way able to use their Winter Campaign capability during harvest?

I think the answer is yes: those Commands/Special Abilities are not free, but the Event's text doesn't say anything about executing Faction's eligibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
evacbs wrote:
Since the game reached players, I've seen some questions about the this change to a faction's eligibility. May I suggest to import, at least partially, in the next reprint the player note from Fire in the Lake's Rule 2.3.6?

This fragment should help people easily keep track of the eligibility:

Quote:
Mark a Faction thus rendered Ineligible by placing its cylinder with (under) the executing Faction’s, to show that it will be Ineligible for the next card.

Yup, it's a good tip, and I approve of the thought "next reprint"! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
evacbs wrote:
Shonai_Dweller wrote:

I think the answer is yes: those Commands/Special Abilities are not free, but the Event's text doesn't say anything about executing Faction's eligibility.

Correct. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.