Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: How is it with 2p? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
Hi

Since I am mainly playing games with my gf, and this one seems not too complicated, yet fun enough. How do you rate it with only 2p?
I don't think that we will have many chances, if any at all to play it at higher count.

Compared to new games, does the game still stand well? Or have you perhaps found something 'better' in this genre of games?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's perfectly fine for 2. I've played most of my games with 2 and still in enjoy it after all this time.

Wait until christmas, because FFG will be unloading all their GW products for pennies on the dollar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
I am from Europe, so from what I know, they won't do that here. We are paying higher prices than in US. And those sales almost never happen here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agashamirv wrote:
I think it's perfectly fine for 2. I've played most of my games with 2 and still in enjoy it after all this time.

Wait until christmas, because FFG will be unloading all their GW products for pennies on the dollar.

Unless they are sold out before then, which seems very likely given the acquisition disorder tsunami that yesterday's announcement has unleashed.

Agree that it's fine with two, I've played it with two and with four, found it a bit draggy at four, but happy to race through multiple games in a session with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantijn Vezestentzis
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl is one of my favorites games ever. With 2 the game is awful! Don't even think to buy it. My most 2 player games were unequal too soon and without interest. If there is a chance to play it with 3+ don't even think NOT to buy it! It's one of the best games in this category!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
Btw. how do you find in 2p game, when one player gets lead on other. In one review they mentioned, that other player basically has no mechanic to catch up, and will loose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
KThVez wrote:
Blood Bowl is one of my favorites games ever. With 2 the game is awful! Don't even think to buy it. My most 2 player games were unequal too soon and without interest. If there is a chance to play it with 3+ don't even think NOT to buy it! It's one of the best games in this category!

3p games would happen to rarely for me to buy it. When we startet collecting boardgames, I got few for more players Merchants and marauders - played only once, Cosmic encounter - played 3 times, Arctic scavengers - played 3 times - this was in last half year. WHile on other hand, we are constantly playing 2p games each week. So I came to conclusion, games that get good with 3+ players are not worth it for me. They get played way to rarely, for me to spend money on. I will rather buy even mediocre 2p game and play it, than buy good 4p game and play it once or twice a year...

Oh well, seems this one goes of the list then.

Thanks for advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantijn Vezestentzis
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I am trying to tell you, you can't reach the other player,if you are behind in the score in 2 players game and this makes the game a little bit boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they sell out or are already sold out. I think a lot of the GW tiles will sell out before this sell around Christmas. With the big news that FFG will no longer carry the line of GW games as it had before, I see these GW titles do nothing but increase in rarity (which means the value of said titles going up.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with the runaway leader problem in the two player game. I still play with two players but if you fall behind early you probably won't catch up. It is a very fun game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
badge
mb
3 is best, 4 is good, I'd never play with 5.

2 is alright but it wouldn't be my first choice of game for that player count.

It is a great game, though. An asset to any collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eñaut Morea
Spain
flag msg tools
It's an ok game with 2, but a lot of the game essence and fun is lost. There are much better 2p player experiences, for example the original blood bowl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't if I'd go so far as to say it's awful 2p, but rather that there a lot of better choices at that number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smurfORnot wrote:
Hi

Since I am mainly playing games with my gf, and this one seems not too complicated, yet fun enough. How do you rate it with only 2p?
I don't think that we will have many chances, if any at all to play it at higher count.

Compared to new games, does the game still stand well? Or have you perhaps found something 'better' in this genre of games?

Thanks

Something else to look into that seems like an adequate substitute for this is one of my all time favorites: Baseball Highlights: 2045.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
2 player 6/10 Runaway leader potential and lack of variety of matchups
3 player 10/10 Perfect game
4 player 10/10 Perect game
5 player 8/10 Game drags too much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.