Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ich bin Eier aller Arten
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules? We don't need to read no stinking Rules? When I can ask a stupid question and you can feel your a smarty pants by answering my stupid question. RTFM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:
Rules? We don't need to read no stinking Rules? When I can ask a stupid question and you can feel your a smarty pants by answering my stupid question. RTFM

It says in the rules that a ship must be placed in any fjord. I can't find anything more about it in the rules. It left me a little unsure so I thought I'd ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Morris
United States
Wallingford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:

*you're

jerk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zemus wrote:
Krsnaji wrote:

It says in the rules that a ship must be placed in any fjord. I can't find anything more about it in the rules. It left me a little unsure so I thought I'd ask.

page 6: "There is no limit to the number of Ship figures that can occupy each fjord."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:

page 6: "There is no limit to the number of Ship figures that can occupy each fjord."

Well, sure, but... they don't say when, you see, so they could have meant one after another, so... it's unclear in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Gyges wrote:
Becq wrote:

Well, sure, but... they don't say when, you see, so they could have meant one after another, so... it's unclear in the rules.

Yes. Additionally, the meaning depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:

Thanks for the citation. I was in the middle of a game of Blood Rage and couldn't find the answer for looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ich bin Eier aller Arten
mbmbmbmbmb
zemus wrote:
Becq wrote:

Thanks for the citation. I was in the middle of a game of Blood Rage and couldn't find the answer for looking.

So he really did not need to read the stinking rules because he was playing the game at the time. (?) Instead he could just ask the BGG a question and then wait for an answer.(?) But this rule question was clearly answered was right there in the rules for anyone with tad bit of initiative to read.
Silly, silly too silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules through before the game and during the game.

I posted an honest question in the proper forum.

Thank you to those that were helpful, no thank you to those that posted snide replies and continue to harry me for not knowing the rules perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:
zemus wrote:
Becq wrote:

So he really did not need to read the stinking rules because he was playing the game at the time. (?) Instead he could just ask the BGG a question and then wait for an answer.(?) But this rule question was clearly answered was right there in the rules for anyone with tad bit of initiative to read.
Silly, silly too silly.
What a sad display of lack of empathy. This has happened to me a few times (can't find a simple rule/clarification in the rulebook while playing) and I'm sure I'm not alone. I haven't turned to BGG for help in those cases but if this community can't help the tiny amount of people who do so then what the hell are we doing here?

"Pro" Tip: Regardless of the game I always have a PDF version of it on my iPad, search takes seconds. I advice everybody to do the same regardless of their electronic device of choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ich bin Eier aller Arten
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
Krsnaji wrote:
zemus wrote:
Becq wrote:

Silly, silly too silly.
What a sad display of lack of empathy. This has happened to me a few times (can't find a simple rule/clarification in the rulebook while playing) and I'm sure I'm not alone. I haven't turned to BGG for help in those cases but if this community can't help the tiny amount of people who do so then what the hell are we doing here?

"Pro" Tip: Regardless of the game I always have a PDF version of it on my iPad, search takes seconds. I advice everybody to do the same regardless of their electronic device of choice.

You are of course rather spot on. I really have no empathy for his "dilemma". Obviously, I am a jerk, as for all I know, his group and he are in some way actually disabled and unfortunately incapable of reading, so they are forced to log on to the web with a vocal reader to learn their games rules in the first place. Perhaps they are willing to wait half a day during a game for some clarification via BGG forum with reading application to clarify an obvious rule because they have to. And no, they could not otherwise have found and read this right there in the rules in three minutes.
But all this said, clearly I am the fool here, as I have nothing better to do with me wee silly life then log on to BGG to be a curmudgeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:

But all this said, clearly I am the fool here, as I have nothing better to do with me wee silly life then log on to BGG to be a curmudgeon.

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.