England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

In reference to this:

Clinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'

(I've never heard the term 'basket of deplorables' before? Is that a common phrase among the political class? Among Democrats? Among Greedy rich white southern ladies?)

Quote:
New York (CNN)Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

In an effort to explain the support behind Trump, Clinton went on to describe the rest of Trump supporters as people who are looking for change in any form because of economic anxiety and urged her supporters to empathize with them.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."
She added, "And unfortunately, there are people like that and he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric."

Clinton went on to say that some of these people were "irredeemable" and "not America."

Speaking to donors at a fundraiser; rich greedy people like her.
Rather then rich greedy people like Trump.

Also I happen to think (as do millions of Americans) she is right.

And she made is clear (in case you did not see it).

Quote:
what I call the basket of deplorables

So it is a phrase she coined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

In reference to this:

(I've never heard the term 'basket of deplorables' before? Is that a common phrase among the political class? Among Democrats? Among Greedy rich white southern ladies?)

Quote:
New York (CNN)Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

In an effort to explain the support behind Trump, Clinton went on to describe the rest of Trump supporters as people who are looking for change in any form because of economic anxiety and urged her supporters to empathize with them.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."
She added, "And unfortunately, there are people like that and he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric."

Clinton went on to say that some of these people were "irredeemable" and "not America."

Can you point to something incorrect in what she said?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump's core base of supporters is as she describes. That's not the group of people who's votes they are fighting for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic

I think Trump does attract these groups more than Hillary. Do you think that by alienating these types of voters, she's giving an advantage to Trump? I doubt it as they would never have supported her in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I absolutely think he attracts (and purposely courts) those types of people. But she was very stupid to put a number on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
I keep my basket of deplorables next to my binders full of women.
It figures you wouild file deplorable next to women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seem to be missing the opening of the quote 'Just to be grossly generalistic' acknowledging that the following ststement is not meant for accuracy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
22.5 percent moment according to recent polls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

In reference to this:

Quote:

Well, half of Trump supporters are the worst our country has to offer.

The other half are just lost, grasping for hope, unable to accept the path they are on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Quote:
Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic

I think Trump does attract these groups more than Hillary. Do you think that by alienating these types of voters, she's giving an advantage to Trump? I doubt it as they would never have supported her in the first place.

You mean The Missouri Shitkicker Skinheads weren't a check for the HRC column?

Hey Drew.... starting to devote time to get out the vote for HRC. I'll try to post to these threads in between door to door visits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well done you fucking RSP liberal fucktards. You have proved yet again that all you are good for is denigrating and dehumanizing anyone who isn't like you. "Those people" "Basket of deplorables"... my disgust is strong for not only Hildebeast for this awful description of a large segment of Americans but it's even stronger for you losers who just willingly demean people because of how they want to vote.

The basket of deplorabels, if such a thing existed, which it doesn't, would be centered in this forum and is comprised of the haters here who are defending their Queen Ant. and crime boss of the DNC Mob.

My dad and no less than 50 fine people I know who are all over the spectrum educationally and professionally are openly supporting Trump - so fuck you.

Ah, that's better. So good in fact that ---- fuck you twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Well done you fucking RSP liberal fucktards. You have proved yet again that all you are good for is denigrating and dehumanizing anyone who isn't like you. "Those people" "Basket of deplorables"... my disgust is strong for not only Hildebeast for this awful description of a large segment of Americans but it's even stronger for you losers who just willingly demean people because of how they want to vote.

The basket of deplorabels, if such a thing existed, which it doesn't, would be centered in this forum and is comprised of the haters here who are defending their Queen Ant. and crime boss of the DNC Mob.

My dad and no less than 50 fine people I know who are all over the spectrum educationally and professionally are openly supporting Trump - so fuck you.

And how many of them do so because he wants to kick out Mexicans or ban entry to Muslims?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

And how many of them do so because he wants to kick out Mexicans or ban entry to Muslims?

Slater, you were already fucking ignorant before you started pretending you know anything about American politics and all your posts do is expose the true depths of your ignorance, which is so deep that I get vertigo just trying to imagine it. Basically, you're not worthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
She could have said 'shallow overflowing cess/gene/pool' although what is ONE MORE TURD into THIS, then? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Since it has been shown time and again that The Donald's campaign is fueled by bigotry and xenophobia, all you are proving is that you have either been living under a rock for the last year or so, or that you have an impenetrable force field that does not let in unpleasant facts to disturb your world view.

Or have you found that video of those thousands celebrating in the streets of NJ yet?

Thanks for again sharing your right wing ignorance. Keep up the good work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Slater, you were already fucking ignorant before you started pretending you know anything about American politics and all your posts do is expose the true depths of your ignorance, which is so deep that I get vertigo just trying to imagine it. Basically, you're not worthy.
That is why I asked you how many.

But as you refuse to give an honest answer I can only assume that is is over half of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Since it has been shown time and again that The Donald's campaign is fueled by bigotry and xenophobia, all you are proving is that you have either been living under a rock for the last year or so, or that you have an impenetrable force field that does not let in unpleasant facts to disturb your world view.

Or have you found that video of those thousands celebrating in the streets of NJ yet?

Says the bigot who has no problem voting for a dirty old cunt who brands fellow Americans as "deplorables". You're typical for Hillary-lickers, bigoted and prone to dehumanizing others you don't agree with. Same shit dumb ass. Did I mention -- fuck you, bigot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Well done you fucking RSP liberal fucktards. You have proved yet again that all you are good for is denigrating and dehumanizing anyone who isn't like you.

DWTripp wrote:

DWTripp wrote:
Says the bigot who has no problem voting for a dirty old cunt who brands fellow Americans as "deplorables". You're typical for Hillary-lickers, bigoted and prone to dehumanizing others you don't agree with. Same shit dumb ass. Did I mention -- fuck you, bigot.

Are you just trying to see how far you can go without getting called out as a hypocrite or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Or he agrees with what Donny says, and given what he has said in the past I think that is the more probable.

He does not care if there was a video, he knows what Muslims really think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Well there is the sexism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
sfox wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Well done you fucking RSP liberal fucktards. You have proved yet again that all you are good for is denigrating and dehumanizing anyone who isn't like you.

DWTripp wrote:

DWTripp wrote:

Are you just trying to see how far you can go without getting called out as a hypocrite or what?

I'm just feeding the same bile these RSP losers spew back at them. I'm not voting for president this election. Why bother? This forum illustrates much that is wrong with modern politics and that doesn't even cover the stupid Europeans who think they understand this scene because they are, you know, from Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

You have anything but amusing cussing. Or is this the sum total of right wing intellectual thought today. No example of Hillary bigotry, but a lot of idiocy

Good luck in your quest to discredit the right in this country for the net generation. You are doing a hell of a job so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
sfox wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

DWTripp wrote:

DWTripp wrote:

I'm just feeding the same bile these RSP losers spew back at them. I'm not voting for president this election. Why bother? This forum illustrates much that is wrong with modern politics and that doesn't even cover the stupid Europeans who think they understand this scene because they are, you know, from Europe.
Or we read what people say.

Remember, it is not just Europeans who are saying this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

You have anything but amusing cussing. Or is this the sum total of right wing intellectual thought today. No example of Hillary bigotry, but a lot of idiocy

Good luck in your quest to discredit the right in this country for the net generation. You are doing a hell of a job so far.

Trust me, dumb ass, I'm not going to make a ripple on any political or ideological front. Thankfully, you aren't either. You're just another fucking liberal toilet seat licker in a no-consequence micro-forum spreading your own infectious bigotry and ignorance to other inconsequential EuroGame-loving morons and I'm just a simple (but dignified) gamer not afraid to use the words to describe you and your ilk that are accurate and truthful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

In reference to this:

Quote:

As a trump supporter, you may not get it.

But Romney was attacking his OWN voters.

Clinton is pointing out people who were not going to vote for her anyway.

This unites people opposed to running the u.s. as a racist country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.