Subject: objectives dol goldur rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fish face
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

To claim the objectives do they just need to be free of encounters (ie enemy engaged, location travelled to) or do they need to be 'dealt with' according to the rules for guarded in the rule. I ok, ie enemy defeated location cleared?

The rules seem to contradict for posts on this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The objectives are attached to the location/enemy so they are not free of encounters until the location/enemy is discarded.

Edit: I had it written the wrong way round, the location/enemy is attached to the objective, as per page 24 of the rulebook. So the objective is clear when it's attachment has been discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawatzky
Canada
Randolph
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Objectives can be claimed after the cards they are attached to are out of play and, depending on the objective/scenario after you pay the cost (ie. exhausting a hero or something like that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fish face
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks. There are a number of posts contradicting this,ie that you can take the objective cards once the enemy is engaged etc. Maybe this is a rule people get wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darby Harris
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
flyingfish wrote:
Ok thanks. There are a number of posts contradicting this,ie that you can take the objective cards once the enemy is engaged etc. Maybe this is a rule people get wrong.

I haven't noticed anyone saying that, but yeah, that's definitely wrong. Unless there is a specific objective card that allows you to claim it when you engage the enemy, but I can't remember one like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.