Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Last Will» Forums » General

Subject: How many rounds for a 2p game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
Hello,

Yesterday a played my first game of Last Will at 2p.

We played with 70 money and by the fourth round we were over. Is it normal? I feel like I might have missed a rule or something.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If memory serves, the numbers of rounds do not change.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
Flaviorbs wrote:
If memory serves, the numbers of rounds do not change.


If you go bankrupt, you can finish before the 7th round.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
Flaviorbs wrote:
If memory serves, the numbers of rounds do not change.


If you go bankrupt, you can finish before the 7th round.


Of course, man. That is obvious. You asked if the number of rounds changes in a 2p game. It does not. It's 7 rounds if you play with 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players. And, of course, if you achieve the goal of the game before the 7th round, the game will end.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
Flaviorbs wrote:
Badigel wrote:
Flaviorbs wrote:
If memory serves, the numbers of rounds do not change.


If you go bankrupt, you can finish before the 7th round.


Of course, man. That is obvious. You asked if the number of rounds changes in a 2p game. It does not. It's 7 rounds if you play with 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 players. And, of course, if you achieve the goal of the game before the 7th round, the game will end.


What I meant in my question was - is it normal to go bankrupt so early with 70 money in a 2p game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about normal, but it's certainly possible. Especially if your opponent is letting you have an easy time of it, which is more likely on a first play.

Without a session report, it's impossible to say whether there might have been rules you got wrong. I'd suggest playing a few more times to see if this outcome is likely for you, and reporting the game in more detail if you're still concerned.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Robbins
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game a lot and if I start with $70 the game will almost always go 5 rounds or fewer so I would say this is pretty normal, especially once you get more experienced. I don't think I've noticed a huge difference between player counts though. I think a 4 player game is nearly just as likely to end early as a 2 player game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure that you need to sell all your properties (and then spend the money you get from them) before you can win.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.