Hide
4 Posts

Hit Z Road» Forums » General

Subject: remove cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
could someone explain to me please why when playing with less than 4 players do i have to remove the marked cards? they don't seem much different than the rest of the cards. couldn't I just remove 4-6-6 cards at random?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you took cards out at random, then you would break the use of tokens. The removed cards don't include any mentions of tokens other than giving you the Molotov cocktail. There are additional cards where you could take a random subset of them instead of the suggested cards without causing token problems, but you might imbalance the resources. Making it random will decrease the chance for mastery; normally you see all of a known set of cards (assuming you play enough times).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
mlvanbie wrote:
If you took cards out at random, then you would break the use of tokens. The removed cards don't include any mentions of tokens other than giving you the Molotov cocktail. There are additional cards where you could take a random subset of them instead of the suggested cards without causing token problems, but you might imbalance the resources. Making it random will decrease the chance for mastery; normally you see all of a known set of cards (assuming you play enough times).

but don't you still have to remove 4 random cards from each deck? not including the marked ones that you remove if you play 1-3 players. by removing the aditional 4 random cards you make the deck random. my question is, since the deck is already random, why remove the marked cards? the first deck of cards has 4 marked cards which you remove + 4 random cards that need to be removed. why can't i just remove 8 random cards and be done with it? i hope i made sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will affect how often the tokens work, making the cards that mention them more neutral; only with really bad luck you need to care about your non-resource decisions. Presumably this makes the auction less exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.