Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you buy something from The Works through Quidco.co.uk there is a 21% cashback. Might be worth it if you have a pending purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Housden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe, maybe not.

I purchased a game through Shop4world.com using their £10 back on Quidco and received 44p.

Still chasing where the rest of the rebate is a month later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
doktor avalanche wrote:
Maybe, maybe not.

I purchased a game through Shop4world.com using their £10 back on Quidco and received 44p.

Still chasing where the rest of the rebate is a month later.

Is your order confirmed by Shop4World via Quidco system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalia Goykhman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the 10 pounds back just recently, a month or two after the original purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Crabb
msg tools
mb
I wouldn't trust it. I've ordered a few batches of board games through the works with this and all have bounced back. Got emails from quidco saying the following:

Quote:
Unfortunately, on this occasion your claim has been declined because the cashback from your sale will not be paid to us by the retailer. In order to pay us, they have to recognise us as having been the party who referred the sale to them, and in this case they do not. To explain, cashback is actually a referral commission that we receive from the retailer, for referring you to them and making a purchase. Instead of keeping it we pass it on to you, however we do have to receive it from the retailer in order to pass this on.

Some people might have better luck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mmm.

I have always considered Quidco to be something tried but not trusted. I don't go through Quidco to get a bargain, but look for the bargain and go through Quidco if possible - if that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked with Quidco and Topcashback for a large retailer and found the two companies to be really good at paying out customers. Both were always professional and trying to get good deals for customers (and make some cash themselves).

Unfortunately it's often the retailers who fail the customer by declining valid transactions either through poor web technology or just general policy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin _
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I always used quidco if its and option and possible. I have been using it for at least 6 years and got over £1200 cashback in total so far.

Its particularly good for cashback for things like insurance (house/car/travel/breakdown) if the company that gives you the good quote also have quidco cashback its an added bonus!

I think the biggest cashback I got was for using it to sign up my mother in law on virgin media a few years ago and got £150 cashback! It can take a month or two to get sorted and you'll get an occasional refusal, but you can easily raise a ticket for them to check it out and I have had about 80% of the refused ones pay out eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. I was surprised at the amount of cashback for insurance (including breakdown - AA, RAC etc.). Since Quidco are also getting their cut it really does demonstrate the amount of money paid to insure, and the amount of commission. Frightening really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For these companies my budget has been over a million pounds a year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.