Popular Tags: [View All]
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions for the scenario below:

1) Can the extra scientists from the university be carried over to the mine or do they have to be used in the same chain level (i.e., the same level as the middle university)?

2) If I wanted to activate the mine, but I only have two scientists from the middle university, can I add a third worker from my hand to meet the requirements?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to both. In fact part of the example on the back side of the rule page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of a goofy example here... if you don't need the spare scientist for another card play this round, there is no reason to use that second university. The fist university will make 3 workers. You could put all 3 into the mine.

But I'm guessing you know that and were just trying to ask a point. The answer is that the 2 left over scientists from the first university go to your worker "pool" for the round. Then they can be used for any future cards played this round in any chain. Thus, using 1 of them for the mine with the output of the second university is correct and you still have 1 floating unused scientist left over.

Another way to look at it, is you could have not played the Mine card at all and have 4 flexible scientists in your pool for the round that you could split up and use anywhere on any card or chain.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
Kind of a goofy example here... if you don't need the spare scientist for another card play this round, there is no reason to use that second university. The fist university will make 3 workers. You could put all 3 into the mine.

But I'm guessing you know that and were just trying to ask a point. The answer is that the 2 left over scientists from the first university go to your worker "pool" for the round. Then they can be used for any future cards played this round in any chain. Thus, using 1 of them for the mine with the output of the second university is correct and you still have 1 floating unused scientist left over.

Another way to look at it, is you could have not played the Mine card at all and have 4 flexible scientists in your pool for the round that you could split up and use anywhere on any card or chain.

James

Thanks for the response! Yes, I was just trying to show an example even if it's not a smart way to chain.

And if I'm short a worker, can I play a card from my hand at any time to add to the "pool"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ecargo wrote:

Thanks for the response! Yes, I was just trying to show an example even if it's not a smart way to chain.

And if I'm short a worker, can I play a card from my hand at any time to add to the "pool"?

Yes, though not technically adding to the pool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the confusion here.

I learned the game from the rules tonight and while I think it's all in the rules, it's definitely confusing that Personnel don't add to any pool, but generated workers add to a completely flexible pool.

If this was stated clearly in the rules, it would have saved me several minutes of pondering and experimental discussion during the first turn of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.