Hide
10 Posts

Secret Hitler» Forums » Rules

Subject: Three or more? Or more than three? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Simmons
msg tools
So, the rule book and the chancellor boards say that Hitler wins if he becomes chancellor when three or more fascist policies have already been enacted.

However the game boards clearly have the "Hitler wins when..." Zone at four+ policies passed. Which is intended? It seems like 4 leads to better gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are three or more fascist policies enacted, and Hitler is elected Chancellor, Fascists win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Simmons
msg tools
Thanks for that. As I said, that's what it says in the rule book, but not on the gameboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're misinterpreting the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the board doesn't actually contradict the rulebook here, it's just how you're interpreting the reminder text on the board because of where they placed it. Not to say that your interpretation is unreasonable. But it could be viewed either way under different interpretations. The right one is the one the rulebook says

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Simmons
msg tools
I don't think what's on the board is interpretational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Simmons
msg tools
austicke wrote:

Why? It's clearly at the fourth policy... Hitler may not be able to pass a fascist law so the clear implication is that you need four fascist policies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Gélinas
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Hitler is elected Chancellor, after three policies, there won't be time to enact a policy. Facists win immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Porphyro wrote:
austicke wrote:

Why? It's clearly at the fourth policy... Hitler may not be able to pass a fascist law so the clear implication is that you need four fascist policies.

I also don't see a contradiction...
Fascists win by electing Hitler after 3 factist policies have been enacted. so this possibility is only open when running for the fourth fascist policy... and that's what is represented on the game board. IMO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Krygsheld
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have to agree that the board is confusing in this regard - I had to check the rules the first time I played, and a lot of first-timers I've played with have misinterpreted it. The problem is that all the effects in the spaces only happen when a policy is enacted on THAT spot, but the 'Hitler wins' condition starts happening when there is a policy enacted on the PRECEDING spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.