10 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nicolas from the Hell Clubs ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the tokens that turn into "Zombies" Does this apply to the tokens if a character owns them or only if they are sitting on the map?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Stiehl
Germany
Biebertal
Hessen
flag msg tools
Please consider to add the text of the ability/card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While Nicholas is alive, treat the commissioner and ravencorp tokens as abominations instead. So if a character has a token in their possession do they go back on the board and act as an abomination, or are they only abominations if the tokens are already on the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevis Marlar
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
You know, there is not a direct answer in the rules. I just looked.
I think it would be much more thematic if the NPCs "turned zombie" at Nicolas' arrival - so you put them back on the board.
But, then again, thematically, you could imagine thay while the NPCs are acting with a hero, they are ... safe? ... but, once they get outside of that immediate influence, they turn.
... Oooo, that woud be cool, too.
This is a tough one.
Eric!
Thiago!
Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I was playing my "teach myself" game, I put them back on the board... Aren't they going to be in a hero's possession 90% of the time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that way too. Thematically it makes sense since as abominations they wouldn't still be helping the heroes. It was actually kind of funny since the heroes were on the mission to kill abominations and this made it easier for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JaspeLoedm wrote:
Regarding the tokens that turn into "Zombies" Does this apply to the tokens if a character owns them or only if they are sitting on the map?

Thanks,

there is no official answer, however, I would say they would put them back onto the board. Thematically it would be that since Nicholas is on the board he corrupts the sherrif and the Ravencorps people turning them into abominations no matter where they are

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The NPC tokens don't stop being NPC tokens when a player is carrying them, so they should still be affected. Since a player can't carry an abomination, it would have to drop, and the current space is the logical place for it.

Maybe not explicitly covered, but I think this one is pretty clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes Nicolas a little bit better and a little more frightning. I'm with the consensus here; They go back on the board and start attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Perro
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also agree with the majority here but I have a few questions about how that would work when the NPCs are killed:
-Are they removed from the board for good?
-Do they become a respawnable abominations for the Sin player (permanently or until Nicolas is killed)?
-Do they come back on when Nicolas dies?
-If so, to the spot where they were killed or to the starting location of the original npc token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.