Popular Tags: [View All]
jason joy
United States
Timmonsville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I come home from the dreaded chore of grocery shopping and get excited as I see a package lying on my front porch. The excitement quickly died as I got a close look at the packaged. The package looked like it had used as a soccer ball during the world cup. soblue

Furthermore, it was labeled as being received by the postal carrier as not being sealed!

So I opened the package and behold my beautiful new game.

Sadly I opened the actual game to examine the damage. The board is bent beyond being playable. The player boards are bent. I was looking forward to playing this game.

I have contacted ShipNaked who fulfilled the Kickstarter and Magic Meeple Games. I am awaiting a reply to solve this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's ridiculous. I see the shipping of KS rewards devolving. I'm constantly getting damaged product. Part of it is packaging and part is the delivery service.

Part one, I think the creators are doing as little as possible in packaging/padding (either personally or by not contracting with the fulfillment companies to do so). I assume its all to save money. But then they get tons of replacement requests. So then it must be cheaper to replace a bunch than pay for proper packaging the first time, right?

Granted, no amount of packaging would have saved your box. Which leads to part two. UPS/USPS/DHL don't care. FedEx I've not had a problem with.

Anyway, sorry yours came that way. Hope mine doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I... Feel sick gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In times of strength, prepare for times of weakness.
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
I... Feel sick gulp

Same here. That is terrible. How can the delivery person just leave something like that? It almost looks deliberate and I doubt any extra padding would have made a difference. I'm so sorry to see this and I hope you can get a replacement very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had 3 deliveries from ShipNaked in two days over various projects. They were all in great shape. One box had a hole in the outer package but the contents were fine.

I hope you can get yours resolved, as the condition of that box is beyond unacceptable. I would have been distraught if that were mine as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stedman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
OVERWORLD Launches on Kickstarter July 13, 2017!
badge
Magic Meeple...the boardgame people! MagicMeepleGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

Thank you for letting us know. It is shameful how abusive some couriers can be with our mail. I can see that it was delivered by USPS, so we'll look into it.

ShipNaked is equipped and authorized to provide replacements in events like this and I will let them know to expect your message.

I apologize for the difficulty this has caused you. We'll make it right. Expect to hear from me directly in a KS message early this week. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason joy
United States
Timmonsville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian,

I pre ordered my copy via the games web site and was wondering when a shipping notification would be sent to me so I know when to expect the games arrival.

I am guessing it would be KS backers first, then pre orders?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.