Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jason joy
United States
Timmonsville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I come home from the dreaded chore of grocery shopping and get excited as I see a package lying on my front porch. The excitement quickly died as I got a close look at the packaged. The package looked like it had used as a soccer ball during the world cup. soblue

Furthermore, it was labeled as being received by the postal carrier as not being sealed!

So I opened the package and behold my beautiful new game.

Sadly I opened the actual game to examine the damage. The board is bent beyond being playable. The player boards are bent. I was looking forward to playing this game.

I have contacted ShipNaked who fulfilled the Kickstarter and Magic Meeple Games. I am awaiting a reply to solve this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's ridiculous. I see the shipping of KS rewards devolving. I'm constantly getting damaged product. Part of it is packaging and part is the delivery service.

Part one, I think the creators are doing as little as possible in packaging/padding (either personally or by not contracting with the fulfillment companies to do so). I assume its all to save money. But then they get tons of replacement requests. So then it must be cheaper to replace a bunch than pay for proper packaging the first time, right?

Granted, no amount of packaging would have saved your box. Which leads to part two. UPS/USPS/DHL don't care. FedEx I've not had a problem with.

Anyway, sorry yours came that way. Hope mine doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I... Feel sick gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Trash Pandas - launching on IndiGoGo January 12th!
mbmbmbmbmb
capricorn_tm wrote:
I... Feel sick gulp

Same here. That is terrible. How can the delivery person just leave something like that? It almost looks deliberate and I doubt any extra padding would have made a difference. I'm so sorry to see this and I hope you can get a replacement very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had 3 deliveries from ShipNaked in two days over various projects. They were all in great shape. One box had a hole in the outer package but the contents were fine.

I hope you can get yours resolved, as the condition of that box is beyond unacceptable. I would have been distraught if that were mine as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stedman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Fire of Eidolon Pre-Orders available at MagicMeepleGames.com
badge
Magic Meeple...the boardgame people! MagicMeepleGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

Thank you for letting us know. It is shameful how abusive some couriers can be with our mail. I can see that it was delivered by USPS, so we'll look into it.

ShipNaked is equipped and authorized to provide replacements in events like this and I will let them know to expect your message.

I apologize for the difficulty this has caused you. We'll make it right. Expect to hear from me directly in a KS message early this week. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason joy
United States
Timmonsville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian,

I pre ordered my copy via the games web site and was wondering when a shipping notification would be sent to me so I know when to expect the games arrival.

I am guessing it would be KS backers first, then pre orders?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.