Subject: The laser and winning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Thickie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of Apocalypse Chaos and I had a lot of fun. The theme, artwork and components are excellent and it was quick to set up and play and the forums have cleared up most of my questions, but I just have a couple more (apologies if they have been asked elsewhere):

Am I right in thinking that you can place any die on the laser card to change the result of any other die?

The end of game happens immediately as the final boss is killed (you don't go through any other phases)?

It's great that the designer continues to support it with extra scenarios. I hope it continues to gain recognition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrthickie wrote:
Am I right in thinking that you can place any die on the laser card to change the result of any other die?

I read that card as just changing a die, not that you have to consume a die to do so. The iconography on the card I think is just indicating that you can pick any side to match a die slot.

But it appears I'm wrong
mrthickie wrote:
The end of game happens immediately as the final boss is killed (you don't go through any other phases)?

The victory condition changes per scenario. I assume you're talking about the intro scenario? If so then yes, I read it as you win immediately.

mrthickie wrote:
It's great that the designer continues to support it with extra scenarios. I hope it continues to gain recognition!

Completely agree, this is a hidden gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

cafin8d wrote:
mrthickie wrote:

I read that card as just changing a die, not that you have to consume a die to do so. The iconography on the card I think is just indicating that you can pick any side to match a die slot.

MrThichie is right.
The slot ( [?] ) is for the die (any face) you must consume. Any other die can be changing.

cafin8d wrote:
mrthickie wrote:

The victory condition changes per scenario. I assume you're talking about the intro scenario? If so then yes, I read it as you win immediately.

+1 Tks Cafin8d

cafin8d wrote:
mrthickie wrote:

Completely agree, this is a hidden gem.

Tks ; it is always a plesaure to read that my game is playing after 1 year. modest

Mrf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.