Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have the eratta for this game and there is not mention of the problem with the Submarine Sonar Markers. According to rule 10.1, you are supposed to roll on the Submarine Determination Table to see how many Sonar Markers each side will get. This can vary from 1 to five markers. The trouble is in the counter mix that I have there are only five markers. Two US markers, 1 Japanese and 2 Falso contact markers.

The procedure is a little foggy to say the least. It says players draw a number of markers equal to the ie roll. OK! what if the Japanese player draws a US marker? I'm guessing that he ignored it right!

With a perfect draw, at best the Japanese player can only get one real submarine marker and the US player two. Is this correct??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this question had been asked and answered on CSW.

Thought I'd help anyone finding this thread later.

ATO SUPPORT SAID

The current addenda sheet says:

10.2 Submarine Deployment (1st paragraph change): Place all of the Submarine Detection markers inverted on a flat surface, shuffle them around and then randomly draw the number equal to the DR result determined in Section 10.1. Players alternate placing the available markers. Make a DR for each marker drawn to determine its placement restrictions per the results described below. These markers are placed unknown (do not look at the reverse side).

Think that should do it for you, but if not, post away!

There were no followup posts, so I guess it answered the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.