5 Posts

City of Iron: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving/destroying districts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Becker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know buildings can be destroyed to make room (population) for new ones, but what about districts?

Say I made a planning mistake and used up all my districts in my starting land, and later realized I needed them for another land I wanted to settle/expand on.

Hope someone has a nice solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I was under the impression you need to use your Mayor or your Explorer to add Districts. You would use the Mayor to add to existing, or the Explorer to add to a new land/city. You would simply use one of the remaining district cards from the supply, would you not?

I have read the rules but not gotten my copy to the table, yet, but I would think it would be quite difficult to add all of your districts to your starting land, it would require multiple Mayor actions.

Hopefully someone with actual game experience will respond to your inquiry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Becker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems right. But with only two Trade/Industry and one Slum/ Military districts it does not seem that hard to use them up early if you get an early Mayor (at least it was not during my test run).

Used the Mayor twice and the Explorer once (=all districts gone). Close to the end I wanted to use the Explorer again, but with no free districts.. That is what prompted my question.

Taking a spare district from the game box or another player hardly seems fair (if they run out later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennedy
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I'm looking for an answer to this too.

I assumed that districts are strictly limited to those you have at the start of the game. In the situation above, would that mean that you weren't able to explore? Or if you acquired a land, then it wouldn't be able to be built on? There is a goal of getting every land type, so someone might want to grab land to fulfill this, then leave it empty (because no district is left in player's supply to place on it.)

I have not see an answer to this specific question. Does someone have a more definite answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennedy
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a post by Ryan at this link https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1530496/initial-card-draw-a...

It confirms. Districts are limited to those you have at the start. You can't get more so place carefully if you think you want to gain land.

Still not sure if you can get a land via explore action and not place a district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.