GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,400 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: solo, single investigator, spawn 2 clues? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played EH usually solo with 2 investigators, just the sweet spot for me both in enjoyment and keeping track of things.

Today I just read the FAQ from FFG, it stated for one investigator spawn 2 clues and 1 gate while spawn 1 clue and spawn 2 gates with 2 investigators.

I'm thinking it's a good time to try out single investigator spawn 2 clues. Has anyone tried it yet?

And secondly, how's the experience with 2 investigators? Is it harder now?

Would love to hear your experiences. Feel free to tell me all about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A solo investigator is still pretty tough. Or at least frustrating. Covering the board can be really difficult and a rumor or mystery that requires your attention on the other side of the board can pretty much ruin your chances of winning. Spending a few turns just moving is boring and the Mythos deck is still pumping out cruel cards during that time.

I still find 2-handed to be the better option for playing solo. Or 4-handed if you have the time and space for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
ralsar wrote:
4-handed if you have the time and space for it.

Definitely the best way to play in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
dont play 1 investigator , it doesnt have any fun tbh

do note though, that playing 2 person eldritch horror is a different beast compared to 4 players , you have to think about distances,covering stats, etc, in 4 players you can have one character for each role or mixed , and 5-6 even more.. (dont play with randoms that dont know how to play..)

number of investigators change the experience , a lot

i enjoy both 2 player games and 4 ,just keep in mind

more in depth

2 player : few clues, characters cant cover all the map easily,mysteries solved easily, only 2 characters to spread your tests

4 player : enough clues, you can cover all the map, mysteries are just okay to solve, enough characters to spread your tests

5-6 players: clues galore, you have someone everywhere,mysteries are tedious to solve, too many characters leading to chaos and losing because hey we have so many characters but they need to be assigned somewhere else you just lose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So four investigators is the sweet spot I see.

Just to make sure, is that with the revised reference or with the original clue and gate regeneration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cali _Gozer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I solo, I actually play with 3 characters. 1 gate, 2 clues, and 2 monsters (surge).

I love the balance with this amount - not enough characters to cover all of the board, but you also aren't going to be rek'd as hard during each mythos phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To play with 1 investigator is interesting, IMO. It really feels like a different game, where you're just running to try to solve the mysteries. You have no time for monsters or gates (unless you have to), and things that advance the current mystery become incredibly powerful. So it's something to try, just to see how it works, even if in that mode you really experience little of the content as you are running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultimate Frog wrote:
So four investigators is the sweet spot I see.

Just to make sure, is that with the revised reference or with the original clue and gate regeneration.

I alternate between them. If I win a game, I use the variant reference card for the next game. If I lose, I go back to the original reference card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.