Dave G

Wisconsin
msg tools
Another question.
The rulebook and Sequence of Play cards don't really specify when Treasure Cards should be played.

We have been playing that you can only use one anytime you want during a Hero's Phase. (in conjunction with a move and attack turn)

Is that right or wrong? I really see no mentinon of WHEN treasure cards are played or if they take the place of an attack move.

Can you play only one treasure card? Can you stack them up and play them together? Can you use them any time you want? (Like using a healing during someone else's turn?)
Can you use a healing card you have on a fellow teamate whenever you want to keep them from dying? (If it is NOT your turn, even?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Beaklini
msg tools
Much like utility powers, using a treasure card does not count as an action, unless stated otherwise in the treasure card. However you must use it on the Hero Phase of the hero that owns the treasure, again unless stated otherwise in the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dgrams2000 wrote:
Another question.
The rulebook and Sequence of Play cards don't really specify when Treasure Cards should be played.

We have been playing that you can only use one anytime you want during a Hero's Phase. (in conjunction with a move and attack turn)

Is that right or wrong? I really see no mentinon of WHEN treasure cards are played or if they take the place of an attack move.

Can you play only one treasure card? Can you stack them up and play them together? Can you use them any time you want? (Like using a healing during someone else's turn?)
Can you use a healing card you have on a fellow teamate whenever you want to keep them from dying? (If it is NOT your turn, even?)

Here to help! Pg 10.

You can make an attack using a one of three things. A daily power(these always count as your attack action), an at-will power, or a treasure which has an attack. I.e. A bonus to hit and a damage/effect on hit. You can use them to make an attack.

You can make one attack a turn.

Not all treasure items have attacks on them, and will usually tell you when they can be used.

As for their use, a player can only use their own items and only on their turn.

So, as I understand it, you could use a treasure card that has an attack action, as your attack for the turn, and could still guzzle a healing potion.

While healing can only be performed on the healer's turn, it's important to note that healing a 0 HP hero before their turn starts, means they don't have to use a healing surge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:

While healing can only be performed on the healer's turn, it's important to note that healing a 0 HP hero before their turn starts, means they don't have to use a healing surge.

This! My wife and I just played a round of Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game last night and her dwarf cleric was CONSTANTLY throwing a heal down on my wizard almost every round near the end of the game. I got zeroed out no less than 4 times and only had to use 1 Healing Surge for the whole game as she was able to at least prop me back up with a 1HP heal from a Healing Strike or more. I'd get healed to 1HP, take my Hero Phase, reveal a new monster, get zeroed, rinse, repeat.

Healing your friends before their turn comes back around is essential to winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.