$30.00
instinctive
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
You clearly cannot look at a card blind-drawn from your own combat deck. But it's not clear whether or not you can look at the card you draw for a Mind-Controlled unit. This may make a difference in planning whether to play a reinforcement card, planning other skirmishes, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven vG
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pretty sure the same rules apply: you cannot look at a blindly drawn card from a combat deck. This scenario is so uncommon, I doubt they'd make an exception just for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisuVir
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I don't see any rule specifically stating whether you can look at it or not.

I've always assumed it was drawn and played blind, as per the usual "top of combat deck" rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
instinctive
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Since there is no official rule, I've house-ruled that you can see it: draw and discard from the original deck until you get a values card, play it facedown, and add a reinforcement card if you so choose.

Rationale: Your forces may not fully understand the tactics of the mind-controlled unit, but it is in fact fighting for you, so you may adjust your battle plan to take advantage of the opportunities it affords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
instinctive wrote:
Since there is no official rule, I've house-ruled that you can see it: draw and discard from the original deck until you get a values card, play it facedown, and add a reinforcement card if you so choose.

Rationale: Your forces may not fully understand the tactics of the mind-controlled unit, but it is in fact fighting for you, so you may adjust your battle plan to take advantage of the opportunities it affords.

Clearly, you can houserule whatever you want but that sounds overpowered to me. I treat the mind controlled unit just like any blind draw - if you don't get a combat value, you keep drawing until you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.