Subject: LOAD is asking for late pledges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Upton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, this is a very short story. I looked into backing LOAD, but realized that this was not the game for me, purely based on gameplay. I understand many others had concerns of a different nature. I just wanted to share the Kickstarter message I received from the project creators today, in case the information may be helpful to anyone else who didn't receive it. If this message is better placed in another forum or topic, please feel free to place it there. Please note that I am not affiliated with the game makers, have not backed the game and have no horse in this race. May everyone make the best decision for themselves.

The message is as follows:

Hi,
You are receiving this message because you once considered being a backer of LOAD.
We lost a lot of backers due to continuous public disbelief that we can deliver the game in time, as our delivery deadline was set at the end of 2016.
Yesterday, only 3 months after the end of campaign, we posted an update with unboxing of our first batch of mass production LOAD base games! Check the update here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915792245/load-the-boa...
We are only weeks away from having full Kickstarter product in our hands and that we will be able to start organizing shipping. LOAD will be delivered in time, as promised.
If you dropped you due to all the bad comments, we ask you to take another look. From the end of campaign, we had updates every week (Friday) and each and every one of them was greeted with positive reactions from our backers.
You have an option of a Late Pledge at our page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915792245/load-the-boa...
and if you do so, you will be invited to Pledge Manager and receive same treatment as a regular backers of LOAD.
Thank you!
Archon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see anything suspicious here if that's what you were going for. I kept my pledge during the campaign so maybe I'm biased but I'm a part of a boardgaming facebook group where the unboxing video update was posted and some members commented on having dropped their pledge and being interested in the game again. I think it's fair to give people the opportunity to check it out, no one is really forced to pledge again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I assume you also get the streatch goals with a late pledge, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
I assume you also get the streatch goals with a late pledge, right?

Well, thats usually the case when late pledgeing kickstarter boardgames but I tried the Late pledge button in the Load KS page just in case and both pledge levels available include Load base game, 1 Epic size figure + 2 expansions unlocked via stretchgoals and Ks exclusive heroes (which were also unlocked via stretchgoals).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernadette Hughes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I too got this message and I'm sorry but I've never had any other kickstarter get in touch with me about a dropped pledge before. This is the second time they have done this and I still wouldn't back them. Yes its not crashed yet but until the kickstarter is wrapped up and all backers have their copies then its a success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Park
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Heh - yeah got this message too. I only ever backed $1 in order to issue my warning on any Prodos-related company, so not tempted in the slightest by a late-pledge.

I'm happy that it looks like Load backers will get what they pledged for in a timely manner - I think Archon realise that fulfillment of this campaign will make or break their reputation when it comes to future projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
gothamknight1047 wrote:
We lost a lot of backers due to continuous public disbelief that we can deliver the game in time, as our delivery deadline was set at the end of 2016.

It wasn't just the disbelief about delivery, I think the plagiarism claims may have had something to with it as well...

I think they will make their deadline or close to it. They have a lot to gain by doing so.

I'm just not convinced the game will be anything more than a bunch of pretty miniatures based on the rules they released and play through videos I have watched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giant_Monster wrote:
It wasn't just the disbelief about delivery, I think the plagiarism claims may have had something to with it as well...

Yeah the plagiarism was the biggest issue for me and ruled this project out for me from day one. I believe there were plenty of other red flags/warning signs (including Prodos track record for timely delivery) but I'm quite happy to see Archon doing a great job with this project. Minis look great (no one doubted that one I believe), good timely updates, great progress, and some nice touches like the foam inserts. Hopefully they can keep this up and repair their image! They have a great product in Unicast.

If things continue this way I may have to check out their next project... but still very happy/confident with my decision not to back this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
I believe they're worth it and truly... these days everyone copies everyone with a variation of their own.. also to add on that they're lots of KS i am still waiting to hear news on and release dates

So this one got my late pledge without regrets on the $250
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
drakkonblade wrote:
these days everyone copies everyone with a variation of their own.. also to add on that they're lots of KS i am still waiting to hear news on and release dates

There is a big difference between taking an idea, tweaking it, and making it your own, and cutting and pasting parts of someone else's rulebook and using the names from an IP the game was obviously meant to mimic...

I don't fault anyone for backing the game, that is their choice, I just think those people shouldn't delude themselves into thinking that stuff didn't happen or was justified.

As someone who has had a version of their game being presented as someone else's, its not cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Giant_Monster wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:
these days everyone copies everyone with a variation of their own.. also to add on that they're lots of KS i am still waiting to hear news on and release dates

There is a big difference between taking an idea, tweaking it, and making it your own, and cutting and pasting parts of someone else's rulebook and using the names from an IP the game was obviously meant to mimic...

I don't fault anyone for backing the game, that is their choice, I just think those people shouldn't delude themselves into thinking that stuff didn't happen or was justified.

As someone who has had a version of their game being presented as someone else's, its not cool.

I agree with your sentiments but the serious backlash was all due to certain (them) people being unprofessional at the start. I think they realizing it and learning from it made me change my sentiments by reassessing my interest in the game.

Overall i think it be a fun game and a good one. I am already committed to 7KS and awaiting 5 of them... In my opinion Myth was the saddest case of them all..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
I agree with your sentiments but the serious backlash was all due to certain (them) people being unprofessional at the start.

They also did their best to hide their identity until BGG'ers (me!) connected them (incorrectly!) to a project that had a poor reputation.

Dunno about anyone else, but "Not lying" is somewhere on my list of KS requirements... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.