$20.00
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Mostly checking that this type of scenarios is legitimate -

Humans have a Control token in a region with two Trog Nests and six Crystals. I send one Machine into the region, triggering both Trog Nests, revealing five Trogs and creating a Battle.

Because this Region is Unoccupied under the 2/3er rules, do I then remove the Human Control token and place a Machine Control token?

Or do I have to wait until I can win the Region Control objective?

Clearly the Machine will be lost - it's purely to scale back Human control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The control marker isn't removed until the combat is resolved.

Either the Machines or the Trogs will win control, and at that time is when the Human's control marker will be removed, and either replaced with a Machine control marker, or a Trog token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, great - so given it's a 2/3-player game, the Control marker is removed and replaced with a Trog Nest?

Did it still count as Unoccupied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if the Trogs win control, the Human control marker will be removed, and a Trog Nest token will be placed in the region.

An unoccupied region is any region that has zero miniatures. So yes the region would become Unoccupied as a result of the battle described, assuming the Trogs win the control objective.

Controlled region = Has a control marker (any faction).
Uncontrolled region = Has no control marker.
Occupied region = Has 1 or more miniatures.
Unoccupied region = Has 0 miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, been busy today. James is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way, seems like a poor tradeoff. You have to spend actions to move there, you will lose your units, so you have to spend even more actions to recruit and move again. And if you resolve all trogs, all what will be left is just one trog token, making it easier for the other player to regain control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why trog tokens and not controlled by trogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is a valid tactic against the Human scouting (IIRC) rapid expansion where (to answer the previous post) you put control markers in Trog territoties and use them as a meat-shield. A single troop in there will then shift control away, so they'd have to scout it again which burns it for another turn.

And a good reminder is
No plastic = unoccupied (certainly in 2-3 player, can't remember about 4)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.