Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duane Fields
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm a relatively new player, but I've been enjoying the Play by Forum feature, and wanted a way to keep better track of my crew. I didn't see any character record sheets floating around, so I'm designing my own and thought I'd solicit feedback from the group.

My objective was to create something to track the mission progress, of course, as well as progress towards "Ace" status. I like the RPG elements and story telling aspects, so I wanted to add a bit more flavor and make use of all the optional experience advantages I've seen around. Here's what I came up with. (These are PNG previews, Download the PDF file from the link at the bottom of this post)

There are two different sheets, one for officers and another for enlisted men. They are designed to be fairly self explanatory. If they aren't please let me know. I'd like to hear what's missing. Or, what's incorrect - or any other suggestions you might have.

In particular, anyone have a suggested "experience bonus" for navigators, just to round things out?

You can download the full resolution PDF here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9v9xv04yx1z6sr3/AAD-mV3ZDpNJkwGYI...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Kneipp
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
These are great. Thanks for sharing.

Edumacate me, if you will. On the enlisted sheet, does the rank of Sergeant advance back to... Sergeant? Or is something missing there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Fields
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oops. That's just an error. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Correia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two thoughts:

The rank I've had crew move up to after M/SGT is F/O, Flight Officer. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_officer
I've only had Engineers advance to the F/O ranks. I don't know how often you promote or if there is a standard. I promote after 10 and 25 missions.

I'd be afraid that I would go through too many reams of paper using this form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Fields
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've corrected the final enlisted rank to Flight Officer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kullberg
United States
Needham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are really neat. I'd love to meet the kind of badass who can check multiple MOH or POW medal boxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Fields
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yea, probably pretty unlikely... I went ahead and made a few of the medals singular, just because it looked a little silly...

Few more changes to the PDF:
* tightened things up a bit
* removed the date from the promotions
* made a few medals singular
* added a way to track lucky breaks, earned every 10 missions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
dkf2112 wrote:
Yea, probably pretty unlikely... I went ahead and made a few of the medals singular, just because it looked a little silly...

Few more changes to the PDF:
* tightened things up a bit
* removed the date from the promotions
* made a few medals singular
* added a way to track lucky breaks, earned every 10 missions

Pilot/copilot - also gets a +1 to the landing roll after mission 10 (Table G-10 (b))
Bombardier - You got.
Navigator - Can not find this but I believe that the Navigator gets a +1 after 10 missions but For what reason I can't find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.