Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question while we await the game: Should there be separate items for the two expansion characters on the Geek? Technically, they are not a part of the main game. Also, they increase player count from 9 to 11 tops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
PiHalbe wrote:
Just a quick question while we await the game: Should there be separate items for the two expansion characters on the Geek? Technically, they are not a part of the main game. Also, they increase player count from 9 to 11 tops.

Considering that items are locked with hero cards, it could have been done either way.

In the end, we've decided to have all heroes use the same pool of items since it's more fitting a MOBA thematically.

There are 6 different "types" of items: +1 Initiative/Attack/Defense/Movement/Range/Radius.

Of the following three there are usually multiples with different names:
+1 Initiative
+1 Attack
+1 Defense

These are usually no more than 1 per character. Sometimes range/radius can be missing (for example Sabina doesn't have either):
+1 Movement
+1 Range
+1 Radius

+1 Attack is never on the attack card.
And +1 Range/Radius is never on the card if the alternative in the same branch is affected by range/radius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Arty, interesting post about the design of the game. But actually, I was just wondering about the "board game expansion" items in BGG's data base …

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
PiHalbe wrote:
Hey Arty, interesting post about the design of the game. But actually, I was just wondering about the "board game expansion" items in BGG's data base … :)

Oh. Lol :D I thought you were asking in light of those community-made characters.

Yeah, you're right. I need to add an entry for the expansion there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.