GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,302 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Card Set Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Tarr
United States
Norfolk
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Hey,

Does each Starter and Booster/Expansion come with all the cards from that set/expansion?

Unlike Magic or DiceMasters where you have to buy multiples to collect them all, or singles.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, all Star Realms packs are fixed, not random like M:tG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Tailher
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyway to identify the packs once opened? I can't seem to remember which packs I bought and it's useful to know before buying new expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chucktailher wrote:
Is there anyway to identify the packs once opened? I can't seem to remember which packs I bought and it's useful to know before buying new expansions
One way would be to add them to your collection here at BGG. The cards have also a symbol in the bottom right corner, different for each expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Long
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Chucktailher wrote:

As mentioned above, the cards have symbols in the lower right of the card to indicate their set. The color of the symbol indicates the number of the same are in the set:

Metallic gold = 1
Metallic while/silver = 2
Flat white = 3

The pips lay out as follows:

* Base Star Realms - No symbol at all

* Colony Wars - A ringed planet

* Year 1 Promos - Nearly microscopic 'P' in a starburst. These are really hard to see, but fortunately, they fixed it for future expansions.

* Gambit (original) - A 'P' in a starburst like the year 1 promos. Also, the title area is rectangular and a grey border on the back.

* Cosmic Gambit - A solid winged 'C'. Also, the title area is winged and explicitly says "GAMBIT" and a grey border on the back.

* Crisis: Bases and Battleships - A winged 'B' in a circle

* Crisis: Fleets and Fortresses - A winged 'F' in a circle

* Crisis: Heroes - A winged 'H' in a circle. They are also labelled as "-HERO-" at the top.

* Crisis: Events - A winged 'E' in a circle (cards are also in a different style, with 'EVENT' on the top)

* United: Assault - A solid winged 'A'

* United: Command - A solid winged 'C' which looks a little too close to the Cosmic Gambit symbol, but they are ever-so-slightly different. However, these are ships and bases, while Cosmic Gambit are just Gambit cards.

* United: Missions - A solid winged 'M'. They also are listed as "MISSION" at the top, with a yellow border on the back.

* United: Heroes - A solid winged 'H'. Otherwise, they are identical in design with Crisis: Heroes cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.