No Retreat 3: The French and Polish Fronts» Forums » News

Subject: Progress rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just curious about how this game is coming along? I had been following things and then didn't check this page for a long while. When I did just now, I was surprised to see there has only been a single post in the last year, about the extra counter sheet. I assume/hope things are still moving forward with this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has it about a year out.

(2Q 2017. Sure, they might mean april. More likely pushed back to Q3 due to their computer upgrades, pushed back to october, pushed back past the fall sale, and in our hands around christmas.)

The designer talked a little about the future of no retreat stuff in a thread about the new upgrade cards for NR1. I think it's in that game's forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game's components are all done, the Vassal module is ready, all that I still have to do is complete the examples of play. And I am doing some extra play testing (there is never enough of these!).

There is much more action about the game here:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1ddc10e2/33

When I have the time I'll upgrade the components one last time on BGG.

IMHO the game will be published Spring 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for this. I've been holding back on getting any of the No Retreat games until this came out. I know I gotta try No Retreat Russain Front, but this topic interests me very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Can't wait for this. I've been holding back on getting any of the No Retreat games until this came out. I know I gotta try No Retreat Russain Front, but this topic interests me very much.

WHAT!!! shake

At least get No Retreat! The Russian Front ! It's reprinted next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
patton55 wrote:

WHAT!!! shake

Guys from my group having been playing it the last few weeks. So, I will have to get them to show me the ropes. It seems pretty universal that everyone loves NR-Russian Front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
licinius wrote:
patton55 wrote:

WHAT!!! shake

Guys from my group having been playing it the last few weeks. So, I will have to get them to show me the ropes. It seems pretty universal that everyone loves NR-Russian Front.

It's even better with the V3 of the Rules and the cleaned-up Event Cards, And is the easiest to learn of the series, albeit No Retreat 3: The French and Polish Fronts will not be far behind.

BTW there are quite a few video tutorials/replays on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Boucher
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
patton55 wrote:
licinius wrote:
patton55 wrote:

WHAT!!! shake

It's even better with the V3 of the Rules and the cleaned-up Event Cards, And is the easiest to learn of the series, albeit No Retreat 3: The French and Polish Fronts will not be far behind.

BTW there are quite a few video tutorials/replays on BGG.

V3 of the rules?? Where can I find this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maximus82 wrote:

V3 of the rules?? Where can I find this?

Check on the BGG files section for the game:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68264/no-retreat-rus...

Or directly here on Consimworld:

V3 Rules:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@@.1dd323a6!enclosure=.1...

V3 Playbook:

V3 Cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Boucher
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:

Is there any difference between the V2 rules(2nd edition, Feb 2012)and the V3 rules? I don't see anything different.

I see differences in the playbook though, and the cards of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maximus82 wrote:
licinius wrote:

Is there any difference between the V2 rules(2nd edition, Feb 2012)and the V3 rules? I don't see anything different.

I see differences in the playbook though, and the cards of course.

Yes there are quite a few small changes and clarifications, check the listing on the last page of the Playbook: They are located in nine rule sections. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.