Subject: bandit Module and General rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Richter
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1.So i have played dead of winter like 4 times in the last week at it always seems odd that you can go to a location and search without killing all the zombies or bandits and leave the next turn, i've read the rulebook several times but don't seem to see anywhere where it clarifies that,
2. and also the rules on fighting a bandit are worded weird in the rulebook it says one thing then on the bandit hideout card it says something different for attacking, do i have to role a 4 or less to defeat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For #1, think of every zombie movie you've ever seen. People move from one location to another without completely clearing the area of zombies. And that's what the Exposure Roll represents. On your way to your new destination, you get attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Richter
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ok i can see that for zombies but what about bandits, i know the theme is good, i just want official ruling thats all thanks for reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One Round represents one week in real Life.
So you could say that in this one Week a survivor and a bandit are searching in this Place, but they did not meet each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think some people take things too visually literally. Having a couple zombies at a location doesn't literally mean they are standing by the front door stomping you from getting in and out. It just symbolizes a growing threats as your actions bring more and more so zombies. Sooner or later, you WIlL have to deal with them. But until then, you can do your best to sneak in and out .

I also think you are confusing two different thing with the bandits. If you want to get rid of bandits at locations, you either use a food/trade card OR you can attack them. If you attack, you take an attack action then roll the die you just ust spent. On a 4 or less, you succeed and the bandit is removed. On 5 or 6, you fail and the bandit stays.

The rules on the bandit hideout only apply to if you want to take items from that location. It has nothing to do with bandit figures. Bandits will steal items and move them to their hideout. If you want to take those items back, you need to search the hideout (following the directions printed on the card) or attack the hideout (following you the directions). Search has lower risk but only gets you 1 card max. Attacking the hideout has much higher risk but may get you two card of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
I think some people take things to visually literally.

Great post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Richter
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ryan thanks for clearing up the second point attacking bandits 4 or less got it attacking , my first inquiry is not about theme( i hear you the theme would support not having to deal with them and they are showing rising threat, people/bandits may be there at different times of the week makes a whole lotta sense) but about the ruling, i just want to know the rules, in the rule book i cant find where it states you can or cant search with bandits or zombies occupying the location and where i can find said rule online or in the rule book because i'm human and i could've missed it. thanks for the responses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Mealer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
How do you feel about the bandit module played with 3 people vs 5? The bandits do not adjust which almost makes the game unfair... thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.