Popular Tags: [View All]
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played Frenzy taking turns, rather than real time? Does it work?

I know that somewhat similar real time card game, Brawl, suggests such a trainig mode. I am interested in introducing the game to my 7-year-old and thought this might be the way to ease into real time games.

For the record, I love real time cardgames and hoping to eventually get to play more of them by indoctrinating a built-in opponent . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Way back when, I taught this game a few times, and I always did some turn-based training first, just as I do for Brawl. As I recall, it was good enough to teach the game, but not something I would play by itself.

I usually have a second-level training for these games in which both players draw a card and then on a count of "three" both players play the card simultaneously. It gives a taste of the urgency to play but still allows interruption for questions.

For a similar game intended for turn-based play, maybe Omen: A Reign of War or good ol' Hera and Zeus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.