Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can the concept of "control" happen in mid-movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deltazechs delta
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
So let's say I unlocked speed, allowing my mech and character to move up to two spaces, and I am playing the Saxony faction and had also unlocked the Underpass ability.

Now, the Underpass ability allows you to move between any mountain you control and a tunnel.

So what happens when I move my units onto an empty mountain hex using the first movement? Does the territory immediately falls under my control during my mid-movement and the units continue on its merry way onto the tunnel? Or since the mountain hex was not under my control at the beginning of my turn, so it invalidates my underpass ability?

Any help on clarifying would be appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you control the territory mid-movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I'm reading this: does it mean you could also fulfill objective cards (the ones that have you control 3 regions of a certain type) mid-movement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerstin: There was some ambiguity in the original rules about exactly when on your turn you could complete an objective. Usually the timing doesn't matter, but for a few cards it does. So we clarified the timing as follows: "You may reveal a completed objective card during your own
turn before or after you complete a top- or bottom-row action." Basically, you can't complete an objective in the middle of an action.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer Jamey, didn't have the rules in front of me and just thought of it when reading this question, but seems clear enough from that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will use the opportunity to ask a follow up question:
Could you also leave or pickup workers mid movement when you move multiple spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer Jamey, didn't have the rules in front of me and just thought of it when reading this question, but seems clear enough from that.

In addition, I believe those control type objectives always specify "at the end of your turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.