Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for those who like Guardian Chronicles, what are your thoughts on the new kick-starters Coop/Solo play mode!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Luison
Italy
Camisano Vicentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not a backer of the 1st Season and I'm not a fan of the "1 team vs 1 team" of the Season 2, but I'm seriously tempted by the possibility to buy the Season 1 as an add-on, so I'm looking the KS, reading the rules and you'll probably see me in the commenta as a backer.
I'm really disappointed by this KS, but you asked for the rules and here we go:
I hope there will be a SG to make the Season 1 full coop, so a master is not required.
I think that the Menace Sheet is an interesting idea, but it can be implemented in a better way. The enemies are too much predictable, cause the do always the same thing. I know what they will do this turn, next turn, even the last turn.
So I think this: why don't you make a deck with (for example) 10 numbered cards with differenti A.I.?
Setup may report which cards you must draw (for example 1-3 and 2 random cards) and when use them:
Rookie mode - at the beginning of the turn, so you know how the enemies will act;
Veteran mode - at the end of the turn, so you don't know how the enemies will act.
A card with "shuffle the deck" may be useful, and some cards may have two effects: a generic A.I. and a specific A.I (for example All enemies move toward the nearest Hero / If a Hero is wounded, attack him and the Hero cannot move next turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentervin73 wrote:
The enemies are too much predictable, cause the do always the same thing. I know what they will do this turn, next turn, even the last turn.

it's the same in a lot of full cooperative game (zombicide,d&d system...).
But here sometime the other teams will move the minions i guess,so it's not so predictable.
And it's closer to the IA in Arcadia Quest,for competitive game,it makes sense.

The IA system must be very simple.

I was a backer of the first season,and i really like what i see in this s2,the two teams,the menace sheet,the streets (more open areas is nice),the objects..I am sure it will be a better game than the first season (the s1 is good actually).
the 8 players game should be epic...you can make some crazy/thematic teams with all the heroes.
Also it will be easy to make a solo mode playing only one team (adds more +1 attack/defense tokens to the minions/vilains for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Luison
Italy
Camisano Vicentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm interested in Season 1 because I think it's a good game. And I think that 3 cards for the A.I. will not be dramatically complicated.
What I don't understand about Season 1 is:
- You can find it at 30$ on Amazon! ;
- It's rated only 7.
I have waited for a long time Season 2 in order to get all the stuff of Season 1 during the Kickstarter (and I think that the continuity of Season 2 is a great addition in terms of variety). In these years I've bought dozens of miniature games, so I'd like to hear more about gameplay from backers, because I don't see too much hype around Guardians Chronicles.
I like what I see and I'm still interested, so I'm curious to know more and more from who played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also maybe a "s1 addon" will be present in this KS at some point.

edit: oh and now with the unlocked SG come the sidekicks ! that's cool !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson

Athens
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
The general consensus from reviewers' for S1 seems to be that it was an alright/so-so game with a horrid rulebook. I'd be cautious about hunting down all the S1 stuff if S2 isn't much better. I'm hoping for a gameplay or review video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:
The general consensus from reviewers' for S1 seems to be that it was an alright/so-so game with a horrid rulebook. I'd be cautious about hunting down all the S1 stuff if S2 isn't much better. I'm hoping for a gameplay or review video.

Well the s1 is a good game,with cool ideas.
The only problem is that sometimes playing the vilain isn't as much fun as it should be...
But this isn't a problem anymore in the s2.
The v1 english rulebook wasn't very good,but it has been updated long time ago i think.
Also the s2 rulebook is far better,you can download the file on the KS page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Luison
Italy
Camisano Vicentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they will proofread it. In the proposed scenario there are a lot of typos and in the rulebook they mix english text with pictures of the french version. It's a little weird to read.
Hope they will fix it (I can help if necessary).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentervin73 wrote:
I hope they will proofread it. In the proposed scenario there are a lot of typos and in the rulebook they mix english text with pictures of the french version. It's a little weird to read.
Hope they will fix it (I can help if necessary).

Yeag, that was quite annoying. I tried to look at the examples to understand some stuff better and I couldn't because of the french text in the pictures. It's bit of a weird mix that rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kentervin73 wrote:

- It's rated only 7.

7 is a very good rating. Really, 6 and over is absolutely worth looking into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules file is not the final one,obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Luison
Italy
Camisano Vicentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely agree, and as I said before I'm available for proofreading. I hope that all backers will be involved in this Project. In Season 1 there was a contest for new heroes; I love when creators and backers works together cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.