Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Hammond
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi All,
My first post! Feel free to remind me of any forum rules/etiquette that I may break
I have ordered my copy of Zombicide Season 1 and am keenly awaiting its arrival and would like to know if there are any suggestions for an order in which to complete the missions? Looking at the manual, doing them in numerical order may not be the best order, however I am keen to get other perspectives on that. I have also downloaded the extra missions which may contain useful missions for newbies.
I will initially be playing solo to get the hang of the rules and game play so maybe there is a different order for learning vs. playing in a group. I am also more of a casual board gamer than a hard core gamer.
Are there any common gotcha's that newbies tend to fall for?
Thanks,
The Turbo Gecko.

p.s., I did do a quick search looking for "mission order" but did not see any previous posts on this topic before posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi turbo,

Welcome to BGG, hope you enjoy your visits here. Just be careful, it can become addictive

For rules, you can go here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/community_rules
They're fairly straightforward. Be polite, don't post anything illegal.

For your question, I personally play them in order. I think of it like a video game, sometimes they'll give you hard levels among the easy ones to challenge you and increase your strategy. Sometimes they'll throw in an easy one among the harder levels to give you a breather and keep the game fun.

But ultimately, it's up to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mb
turbo_gecko wrote:
Hi All,
My first post! Feel free to remind me of any forum rules/etiquette that I may break
I have ordered my copy of Zombicide Season 1 and am keenly awaiting its arrival and would like to know if there are any suggestions for an order in which to complete the missions? Looking at the manual, doing them in numerical order may not be the best order, however I am keen to get other perspectives on that. I have also downloaded the extra missions which may contain useful missions for newbies.
I will initially be playing solo to get the hang of the rules and game play so maybe there is a different order for learning vs. playing in a group. I am also more of a casual board gamer than a hard core gamer.
Are there any common gotcha's that newbies tend to fall for?
Thanks,
The Turbo Gecko.

p.s., I did do a quick search looking for "mission order" but did not see any previous posts on this topic before posting.
First of all play tutorial mission from rulebook. Then, IIRC mission 10, "Small Town" is good start point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henric Eriksson
msg tools
As with all board games,you will spend your first mission constantly reading the rulebook.
And then googling the rules (BGG forums are the best,bookmark it!)
And finally houseruling whats left.
Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Hammond
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have worked through the 'Watch it played' play through which I think is mission 10. I have found that watching a play through is a great way of getting the hang of the rules. I have also picked up some good rule clarifications on the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was introduced to Zombicide with Mission 1 from the S1 rulebook and I got hooked pretty quickly. It took three or four plays to beat that mission, but it was still fun. I guess it's up to you where you want to start. It's fine to start with a difficult mission if you don't mind losing in this game.

Personally, whenever I'm introducing new players to Zombicide, I usually go for mission E01 from the Zombicide Survivor's Guide (which you can find here).

It's small, quick to set up and quick to play and offers all the basic situations you can encounter, apart from car stuff (which is recommended to leave out of your first game anyway). After that, your group can move on to more difficult missions if they want (or play a different game if it turns out not everyone likes co-op or heavily themed games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Hammond
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ended up doing mission 10 from the rule book first (got my butt handed to me!), and then a couple of goes at mission E01 from the survivors guide which I lost both attempts.

I can see that there is a little bit more to it than rushing straight to the objectives and then fighting your way out. I'm missing the tactics which will come with repeated play involving trial and error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.