Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert B
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the 2P game, but I guess this question would apply to the GS game as well.

If the area within 2 hexes of a Kampfgruppe counter contains a unit that was activated during the previous impulse, does the Consecutive Activation Restriction mean that the Kampfgruppe activates all the units within 2 hexes except that one, or does it mean that the Kampfgruppe counter cannot be placed in that location at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The former.
6.5 makes it quite clear in my opinion and the example in GS clarifies it further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brastias wrote:
The former.
6.5 makes it quite clear in my opinion and the example in GS clarifies it further.

Can you elaborate? It doesn't seem quite clear to me. "If the German player activates a Kampfgruppe (6.4), it cannot include any units activated in the previous German impulse." That seems equally interpretable to mean that if a Kampfgruppe would include any units activated in the previous impulse, then you cannot activate it there. (Just like how the earlier sentence in that paragraph "A player may not activate a unit in a formation that was activated in his immediately preceding impulse." means that if a formation includes any units activated in the previous impulse, then you cannot activate that formation.)

Which specific example are you referring to? Unless I'm missing something, none of them seem to show activating a Kampfgruppe with some previously activated units in its range.

rules examples wrote:
Examples:
* The German player plays the 6th Panzer Army card
to activate a Kampfgruppe made up of units of the
I SS Panzer Corps and II SS Panzer Corps. In his
next impulse, the German player may not activate
any units in either corps. He could activate units
in LXVII Corps (also in 6th Panzer army), or any
formations in his other armies.
* The Allied player plays the XVIII Corps card to
activate units in that corps. In his next impulse he
cannot play a card to activate XVIII Corps or to
activate any division in that corps, and may not play
a card to activate a single unit in the corps.
* The German player activates the single FB Brigade
unit (in XLVII Corps) by playing a division card. In
his next impulse he cannot activate XLVII Corps or
any unit in XLVII Corps.

If anything, the 2nd example in that list seems more like it disproves the former interpretation to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

From section 6.5:
"If you activate a Kampfgruppe, it cannot include any units already activated this impulse or in your previous impulse, which are within the two-hex radius of the placed KG marker."

From the example on the same page:
[XLVII Corps and 26th VG has just been activated] "If you play an army or army group card to activate a Kampfgruppe during this impulse or the next, the units of the 26th VG Division and XLVII Corps may not be included in the Kampfgruppe, even if within its Command Range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brastias wrote:

From section 6.5:
"If you activate a Kampfgruppe, it cannot include any units already activated this impulse or in your previous impulse, which are within the two-hex radius of the placed KG marker."

From the example on the same page:
[XLVII Corps and 26th VG has just been activated] "If you play an army or army group card to activate a Kampfgruppe during this impulse or the next, the units of the 26th VG Division and XLVII Corps may not be included in the Kampfgruppe, even if within its Command Range.

Ah, you're quoting from GS, and OP asked about 2P, so I was looking in 2P rules, overlooking that your first reply mentioned that you were using an example from GS... doh.

I agree now that this example from GS does seem to make it clear. (Unlike the examples in 2P.) And presumably it's intended to work the same way in 2P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that the text and examples would be the same in the two rule sets, but they are not.

The GS example quoted by Martin does make it quite clear.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.