Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Historical Wargames in Eastern Pennsylvania rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Neff
msg tools
Looking to form a group in the Philly Western burbs of like-minded gamers particularly keen on historical wargames of relatively high complexity and playing time. The kind of games that can be set up at someone's home and left there for a few weeks over several sessions. I'd use the term "grognard" to describe the participants, but I'm afraid it would scare people away. I'm 50 years old, a 37 year veteran of wargames (first bought Panzer Leader in Bangor, Maine in 1979) and would be willing to host many but not all of the gatherings at my home in Collegeville, PA. Curious to see if this gets much of a response other than chirping crickets. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Neff
msg tools
Lo and behold, we have a taker. Looking to perhaps parlay this into a multiplayer experience. If anyone out there is interested in this genre in this geography, give me a shout out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been considering picking up a COIN game and a relative has been trying to get me into ASL. That said, I have no proper wargaming experience, but I would love to hear how things progress with this just in case one day I connect the dots and realize I'm ready for a proper wargaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fernback
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Chirping crickets sounds familiar from when I try hosting games around here too. I'd be interested in joining up with a wargaming group. I'm out towards the Reading area so Collegeville isn't too bad depending on traffic.

PM sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.