Subject: Which insert? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I want to get an insert for mage knight. I normally do foamcore inserts for games that need a speed up setup and some organization. Mage knight came with a pretty decent insert, but with all the expansion is starting to be a pain. (I`m planning to get Tezla soon, I heard that they have replacement kits )

Has anyone try any of these insert? you recommend one over the other?

Option 1: http://www.daedalusproductionsinc.com/product/mage-knight

Option 2: http://www.thebrokentoken.com/magic-night-organizer/

My main objectives are:
- speed up set up and clean (option 1 better for this?)
- Place all content that I own in main box. I own core game, lost legion and soon Tezla (seem that both option can do this?)
- Is a 10us difference between then; but unless the cheaper option is better, I would not base my decision on price. I want the best one that fulfill the above

Thanks for any advice, help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you normally do foamcore, why not do foamcore? I found all the expansions fit perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dorcich
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For mage knight I have the broken token insert and it does every as advertised, faster set up and take down and makes it easier to organize. Depending on how you want to organize the cards if younahve all the expansions you may need to pick up more of the dividers.

I have used Daedalus for other games and have been very happy with the quality of the inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
If you normally do foamcore, why not do foamcore? I found all the expansions fit perfectly.

because I`ve being lazy lol.blush
I normally just go for that option when there is nothing out there that I can just buy that works for my taste (SoB, eldritch horror, Zombicide..), but this game seem to have good options, I just cant decide which one

which one are you referring to? thanks

djhopscotch wrote:
For mage knight I have the broken token insert and it does every as advertised, faster set up and take down and makes it easier to organize. Depending on how you want to organize the cards if younahve all the expansions you may need to pick up more of the dividers.

I have used Daedalus for other games and have been very happy with the quality of the inserts.

thanks for the tip... with the broken token insert, the one section that hold the enemies tokens.. is not too crowded? you can just put down and play from them? can you adjust those dividers? (from the Daedalus insert, that is the thing I like the most)

also one reviewer on the Daedalus one said that Tezla kind of is cutting it short to fit in. DO you own tezla, does it fit well in the broken token one? (again mainly the enemies tokens... do they fit well one color/type per row and easy to play with from insert?)

tahnks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Daedalus insert for my Mage Knight, and it works great for easy set up and clean up. I especially like the card divider which keeps all the cards separated and easy to find. I've used Broken Token inserts before; they're good, but this Daedalus insert is a touch nicer in looks and detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I've got the Broken Token insert. I have the Krang character expansion and the Lost Legion expansion. I'm confident I could hold Tezla too. I recommend this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dorcich
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is the broken token insert with all of the expansions sleeeved. There is plenty of room in the enemy tokens tray but I combined some of the card types due to lack if dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
I have the Daedalus insert for my Mage Knight, and it works great for easy set up and clean up. I especially like the card divider which keeps all the cards separated and easy to find. I've used Broken Token inserts before; they're good, but this Daedalus insert is a touch nicer in looks and detail.

do you have tezla? it fits? I really like the looks on that one, but no sure tezla would fit well and tokens would not feel too tight for easy access during play (monster tokens)

djhopscotch wrote:

Here is the broken token insert with all of the expansions sleeeved. There is plenty of room in the enemy tokens tray but I combined some of the card types due to lack if dividers.

oh wow! thanks for that pic! if I don't feel confidents that tezla would fit in Daedalus with good space (like on the broken token one as shown on that pic) I`ll go for this one.

again thanks a bunch, that pic helped a LOT

@all thanks for feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bjärnemalm
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
I have the insert from Daedalus Productions and I'm very pleased with it.
It looks awesome (I think it looks better than the one from Broken Token, which was the main reason why I went for that one) and everything fits nicely inside. I have all my cards sleeved in premium sleeves, and all three expansions.
It saves me quite some time when it comes to set up and tear down. The monster token trays I just put on the table as they are, no need to stack the tokens in piles outside of the trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Daedelus insert is a work of art; it will make you want to play the game more. Functionally, it does everything it's supposed to, so I may come down to how much you love the game--i'm assuming that it costs a little more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all 3 expansions, all cards are sleeved and stored in home made tuck boxes. Everything fits well in BorkenToken insert & pretty happy with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just ordered the base game and Broken Token insert.

I normally go with Planos/Deck Boxes...that style...but I dont like the idea of the lid of my games box not fitting snug on the bottom half of the box.

The Daedalus one looks better, imo, but is a little more expensive.

Either way...if youre decent at foam core, thats gotta be the best option unless you have plenty of disposable income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.