GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,400 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Lion God regret rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Onyx
msg tools
I bought the Lion God when the expansions first went on sale, because it looked absolutely incredible. And the gear looks nice, but overall the expansion feels really underwhelming. The monster is far too punishingly difficult to be a fun fight (from what i've read/heard), and the rewards don't really seem worth it. Maybe i'm missing out on the true power of the Necromancer SFA, but overall I feel really disappointed with it all.
Anyone else have this experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I do.
But... whatchagonnado. arrrh

Tough fight yes, it does have a neat story type going on. I'd say it's a super late game encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Dark63 wrote:
I do.

Tough fight yes, it does have a neat story type going on. I'd say it's a super late game encounter.

Honestly, I think i'd rather switch it around and be able to hunt Watchers before the end and have Lion God be the boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattonyx wrote:
Dark63 wrote:
I do.

Honestly, I think i'd rather switch it around and be able to hunt Watchers before the end and have Lion God be the boss.

Maybe he'll be a better fit for an extended Lantern Festival campaign.. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
That's not a bad idea though. Keep playing the game after the watcher and hunt lion king or legendary monsters, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattonyx wrote:
I bought the Lion God when the expansions first went on sale, because it looked absolutely incredible. And the gear looks nice, but overall the expansion feels really underwhelming. The monster is far too punishingly difficult to be a fun fight (from what i've read/heard), and the rewards don't really seem worth it. Maybe i'm missing out on the true power of the Necromancer SFA, but overall I feel really disappointed with it all.

From what you've heard and read?
Have you played it yet?

I have not so am reserving judgement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
mattonyx wrote:

From what you've heard and read?
Have you played it yet?

I have not so am reserving judgement.

Same for me. It does look harder than possible for our group. I don't mind. Would be a fun one off challenge after beating the Watcher. Will also be a better expansion once Lantern Festival arrives. And its a good glimpse of what kind of difficulty to expect there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so of all the expansions I have in store, I guess this one will be the last to introduce into the campaign...as if KD:M wasn't punishing enough as it is XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
The sad truth is that 1.31 core, without expansions and a couple of playthroughs, becomes something that cannot be defined easy, but definitely beatable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
I'd recommend you go for it before the Watcher due to the nature of what happens after the Watcher*. The Lion God is normally doable at level 1 around LY20+.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Post Watcher in the Extinguished Lantern Horde section your objective generally is to trigger New Game+ with the Phoenix's Deja Vu ability. It's either that or inevitably die.

If you hit NG+ then the next time you do the timeline you can introduce more monsters and aim for some of the cooler rare kit combinations. Such as 'The Doctor' and 'The Green Lantern' as well as the Green Knight Armour.

I more meant just as a one off thing to do after the Watcher rather than following what is meant to happen, just for fun. However, your tactic suggested is something I haven't heard of or considered before, great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.