Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this game that has unseated Scythe as numero uno?! Looks pretty cool, will definitely look into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petros Lee
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
This, my friend, is a gem. A beautiful, long-awaited co-op gem.

Soon to be released upon this Earth.

When? No one knows for sure. But this only adds to the hype.

And the hype is very real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean soon to be released new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering why the hotness?

I'm desperate for the new version to come out, but then have been for quite a few months.

Is this just people clicking daily to see if there is any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
trevorandlinda wrote:

Is this just people clicking daily to see if there is any news?

New cover art revealed 5 days ago:

Essen pre-order post yesterday (Essen is next month):
Secure your copy of Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island at ESSEN 2016 !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought that current owner requests for the new rulebook shot it to the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what's changed with regards to the first edition but there's probably a thread about this around here.

The one reason why this gem didn't hit our table enough is because it's quite a complicated game so the co-oppers have to be at the same level more or less or this quickly becomes a one-man-show.

But it's a very nice game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
lievendp wrote:
I wonder what's changed with regards to the first edition but there's probably a thread about this around here.

The one reason why this gem didn't hit our table enough is because it's quite a complicated game so the co-oppers have to be at the same level more or less or this quickly becomes a one-man-show.

But it's a very nice game.

I've actually had the opposite experience - there's something about the ingenuity of the visual phase flow of the board design, the limited number of actions, the relative simplicity of goals ("gather X wood, build y") and the fact that the game tells such a strong narrative. It often seems to suck people in that aren't ordinarily complex gamers. I often remind players the first round or two what our ultimate goal is and then encourage a brainstorming session at the start of the action phase to talk about the possible actions we can take... Subject to personality quirks, I find most people get into this very quickly.

For those just discovering this game, extremely recommended, pre-order now. There is luck, you will lose, but wow, does this game tell an engaging story if you let it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this game been unavailable for some time? Everybody is talking like ZMan/Portal's version is ancient history, viewed through the wistful lens of nostalgia.

Do we have any solid information on changes, even minor changes, beyond the cover?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Has this game been unavailable for some time? Everybody is talking like ZMan/Portal's version is ancient history, viewed through the wistful lens of nostalgia.

Do we have any solid information on changes, even minor changes, beyond the cover?

More than 400 edits to the cards and numerous changes to the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll be fine with just the new rulebook. I've got most of the improvements of the new edition as micro-pimps (special resource meeples, stickers, etc.)

The new rulebook will be really neat though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Pousette
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
I've got most of the improvements of the new edition as micro-pimps (special resource meeples, stickers, etc.)

lucky henry wrote:

More than 400 edits to the cards and numerous changes to the rule book.

400 edits to the cards sounds like it is more than "micro-pimps". I wonder if these edits will make a big gameplay difference or if it's only to make it easier to understand?

I own the 1st edition but have never had the opportunity to play it. The question is if I should try and sell my 1st edition and try to get a hold of the 2nd edition or just be happy with what I got?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be the first game where if a pdf file of the changes to the cards were available I may take an extra fine tip sharpie and make the corrections on the card itself. I honestly spent way too much on this game to purchase it again. I love the game, but I am not spending $80 on it again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey M
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also some component changes (i.e. custom shaped resources instead of cubes) and you can see that in this video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCH_UVcb0yY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raider363 wrote:
There are also some component changes (i.e. custom shaped resources instead of cubes) and you can see that in this video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCH_UVcb0yY

Oh, look, the special resource meeples

Those were available for a while from the Portal website.

Yes, 400 edits sounds like a lot, but if we're honest, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that many of them were clarifications Let's see when the game comes out. I'm sure somebody will make a thorough comparison
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the time this game hit my radar and I was considering purchasing, I heard about the return to Portal and decided to pass up the Z-Man edition and hold out for the updated version. I've been waiting patiently, and it's my #1 most-anticipated game right now (or #2, between this and Nautilion, I can't decide). I got a response on Twitter saying it won't show up in Canadian retail until possibly early December. Broke my heart, that did. Last I checked it was coming this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.