Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello everyone! This is Can. I'm looking for a graphics designer ASAP for my board game project! My time is very very short, so I'll use a blunt language to the extreme. My apologies to anyone whom I may be offending beforehand - I just typed the words as they came in my mind, with no filter whatsoever

Everything (the mechanics, the card illustrations, etc) about the game are nearly finished, but the designers I came in terms with before are either stalling, or delivering very poor quality work, so I'm having troubles in graphics design part. So I need a designer, and I need it fast! As my time is pressing, I can pay generously if I find someone who can make up to his word, but I will really get angry if he makes promises he cannot deliver... Since this is my first project, I read the sticky article, and will use the exact same format to talk about the project. Here it is:

1. Name/theme/description of project:
The name of the game is Incorporated. It is an economy and market simulation game set in contemporary world, where players control multi-national mega corporations in a dynamic geopolitical landscape (countries changing camps, growing, or going bust altogether) and ever changing economic conditions (the economy can boom, or go bust). The corporations are looking after their profits no matter the cost. It is a futuristic and grimdark setting (i.e. evil corporations and their evil practices) - with also a gist of markets and economics terminology.
This is my first game design, and the game will be exhibited in Spiel 2016 fair this year. The game is funded 100% from my own pocked, I didn't use any kickstart, or any promotional stuff. I'm playing board games for 5 years, but this is my first work, so I'm a little amateurish. The work needs to be finished by 18th of September (this is a strict deadline) in order to be sent to printing house and be done by the time of the fair.
I'm looking for a Graphics Designer (not an illustrator) who can work on my prototype designs and improve it (see more below).

2. Collaboration or Compensation:
This is a compensated job, which I intend to pay the fee in full by the time the work is delivered.

3. Budget: To be discussed with the artist privately.

4. What are the terms:
Since this is a graphics design, and not an illustration or art, which will be done and delivered in digital format only, there is no need to discuss who will keep the original art and so on. The artist is free to use it in self-promotion. I will write the artist's name in the box when mentioning the designers. I'm asking for unlimited rights to use it anywhere I want at any time. I expect the artist to be in touch with me every day, multiple times, and keep me constantly updated, and follow my feedback.

5. Number of pieces:
There are 2 pieces to be finished. To be more precise THESE are what I'm looking for:

This is my game prototype, designed by me for play testing purposes. It looks ugly. What I want is simply this to look less ugly. My needs are; the fonts to change into more futuristic style, the color scale to change (to look less ugly and more simplistic), the background picture to change (to look more like, for instance, Pandemic), the linking arrows to change, the boxes and sliders to be redesigned (to look more like, for instance, Twilight Struggle). In short, it needs a professional touch.

The second piece is the design of game box. I'm looking for something like this:

This is the presentation named "How the Economic Machine Works" of Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates. Obviously we cannot use this! (the guy is worth more than 20Billion$, he can sue us to oblivion! ) What I want though, is a similar approach, with gears turning around (with different economic terms inside) which will arouse the idea on the looker "Oh, so this game is about how the economy works" or "This is an economic simulation game". I need no illustrations whatsoever, just vector arts (of gears) will be enough.

6. Size of art:
I need this to be done in Illustrator, so it can be scaled when needed.

7. Art style desired:
I looking for futuristic fonts and a simplistic design style to be used. Also some vector arts may be nice.

8. Deadline: I need the work to be done by 18th of September. There is no flexibility in this deadline. The printing house is waiting for my work to be delivered by this date. If you cannot deliver until that date (or, to be on the safe side, maybe a day earlier) - the whole work becomes useless for me. Do not take this job, or expect compensation if you think you cannot deliver by that date.

Thank you! Contact me fast, if you are interested, the time is very short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put quality above anything else. The boardgame world will continue with or without your design. I recommend ensuring you find the RIGHT graphic designer that will bring your vision to life, rather than meet a deadline. Otherwise you may just end up with another game on BGG that falls flat. There's thousands of them on here. Think quality.

EDIT: reading your post again, I see quite a few disclaimers about not paying someone if they don't meet your perceived demands. If I was a designer, I'd avoid this altogether. Nothing against you, the OP, but work is work and people should be paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy barnes
United States
spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
After reading this I am pretty sure there will be quite a line of people wanting to jump all over this job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Twu
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Can- Just sent you a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can Adatepe
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I have reached an agreement with Sebastian for the design of the project. Thank you everyone for replying me this quickly! And apologies to those I had to refuse... I hope we can do some future projects together.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.