1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: September is official rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
So the site now says September. No new details, but now its official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, it's been saying that for the last few weeks. Interestingly, GF9's latest tweet on the subject implies that making "Late September" is an "if all goes well" timetable. So it's probably *very* late September, as opposed to like September 16th, since a delay in shipping might push it into next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Don't trust the dates on their site. I bought a lot of GF9 games and I always preordered them trusting these dates just to have my order(with released games) delayed for months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hoffman
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see September 30 on Amazon and a few other sites. Hopefully it stays true and it'll get released then. I'm excited for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the bankruptcy of that large shipping company (who has ships with cargo on the coast of Long Beach) will affect this date...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Takenokojon wrote:
I wonder if the bankruptcy of that large shipping company (who has ships with cargo on the coast of Long Beach) will affect this date...

I don't know what company or bankruptcy you're talking about, but I was under the impression that they're shipping over the Atlantic to the east coast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hoffman
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Takenokojon wrote:

I don't know what company or bankruptcy you're talking about, but I was under the impression that they're shipping over the Atlantic to the east coast.

A steamship line called Hanjin filed bankruptcy a few weeks ago. It created a little international scene with the ports and vessels. It pretty much boils down to the ports fearful of not getting paid to unload these ships and to refuel them, so they're refusing to let them dock. Plus any Hainjin containers at the ports are not being released by the port until they get cash in hand first. This is causing massive delays in some goods.

I don't know which games are actually affected by this though. Plus I don't think GF9's freight forwarder uses Hainjin. I wouldn't mind an official response from them on this to put people at ease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samsung products are onboard Hanjin ships. Not sure what else.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-07/samsung-sa...

Dockworkers have started to unload the first ship.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hanjin-long-beach-2016...

Unfortunately, even non-Hanjin using businesses like Hobby Works in Maryland may be caught up in this mess.

http://fortune.com/2016/09/09/hanjin-cargo-crisis/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i know that a container of the new boardgame kickstarter "the others: 7 sins" is aboard one of the hanjin ships, so its unclear when that will be delivered.

for me i find it very strange for such a company to go bankrupt given the huge need for goods transport all over the globe, you would think their services are in high demand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oversupply of shipping:

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2016/09/hanj...

Way too much TEUs of capacity available. Shipping from China is dirt cheap right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
i know that a container of the new boardgame kickstarter "the others: 7 sins" is aboard one of the hanjin ships, so its unclear when that will be delivered.

for me i find it very strange for such a company to go bankrupt given the huge need for goods transport all over the globe, you would think their services are in high demand

Just because there is a demand doesn't mean the company is well run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Varney
msg tools
I donly recall reading something from GF9 that attendees of Star Trek Mission New York (September 2-4) would have the ability to purchase a copy of the game, "a few weeks before it hits retail".

So, take that for what it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
Does anyone with any experience getting games here in the UK, from gf9 or anyone else, no what exactly September 30 means to us? I'm assuming it doesn't mean they'll ship it out so the retailers have it to send the day before and we get it on the 30th (pie in the sky).....I'm guessing more "don't count on having a game in October".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GF9 works with a UK distributor.
if you want to insure a release date, then distributors will often get the games in hand 1-2 weeks before the release date to have it ready.
now it only depends the distributor/flgs whether they ship them right away or wait until the actual release date (my flgs made a mistake selling a previous game immediately as they received it rather than waiting for release date, so i could get it 1 week earlier).

some online shops might also anticipate the shipping delays so start sending out preorders a few days before the release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
GF9 works with a UK distributor.
if you want to insure a release date, then distributors will often get the games in hand 1-2 weeks before the release date to have it ready.
now it only depends the distributor/flgs whether they ship them right away or wait until the actual release date (my flgs made a mistake selling a previous game immediately as they received it rather than waiting for release date, so i could get it 1 week earlier).

some online shops might also anticipate the shipping delays so start sending out preorders a few days before the release.

Thanks. There was a few worrying things that prompted my post; it's still not on Amazon UK, and the only website I can find with it listed is Element Games. Coupled with the push back from the 'summer 2016' release date, I'm not gonna get my hopes up that I'll be able to play it that weekend of the 30th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Świat
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnyśląsk
flag msg tools
"Gale Force Nine beams into Spiel Essen 2016 to bring you Star Trek: Ascendancy. We will be at the convention teaching prospective fleet admirals and galactic leader how to play the game. Attendees will also be able to purchase the game at the convention, weeks ahead of its general release!"

Soooo ... December now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
kamron6 wrote:
"Gale Force Nine beams into Spiel Essen 2016 to bring you Star Trek: Ascendancy. We will be at the convention teaching prospective fleet admirals and galactic leader how to play the game. Attendees will also be able to purchase the game at the convention, weeks ahead of its general release!"

Soooo ... December now?

November basically. 2 months delay. Should have Kickstarter it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
kamron6 wrote:

Soooo ... December now?

November basically. 2 months delay. Should have Kickstarter it

I strongly suspect that that text was ported over from their other convention announcements without thinking about it. Everything is still pointing at an end-of-September release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Nova Cat is correct, that is the text from our Star Trek Mission New York announcement. I'll make sure that it is modified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My birthday is September 30. My birthday wish is to have this game in hand before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Novacat wrote:
My birthday is September 30. My birthday wish is to have this game in hand before then.

Yeah! Novacat needs one! After all the debates we've had he deserves to have one too! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
Novacat wrote:

Yeah! Novacat needs one! After all the debates we've had he deserves to have one too! =)

My birthday is September 29th. How about by then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frpgames.com is showing in Stock for $90.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Frpgames.com is showing in Stock for $90.

It's a trap. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gale Force Nine wrote:
Yep, Nova Cat is correct, that is the text from our Star Trek Mission New York announcement. I'll make sure that it is modified.

The post now says "...just in time for its general release." Which is the middle of October. Are we, or are we not, still on schedule for a September release date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.