L. St
msg tools
For all the people who complain that there isn't a score aid on the Pennsylvania map, let me say this:

Do you see any room on the board for a player aid? Strangely, even with all the long routes, there isn't room for a player aid. That's more Moon's fault, and in HIS defense, he most likely didn't think about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or they could of just put it on a card.

The bigger issue is that it is not simply a player aid missing so much as there are insufficient rules provided to play. Even having a base game isn't enough as I know at least one of the base games has different route lengths from the Pennsylvania board and therefore doesn't contain the information. In that case players can't actually play the game without seeking the information elsewhere (i.e. BGG forums).

Edit: The 7-route is missing from both TtR and TrR:Europe so there is no way to know how to score the game properly without additional resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
There's already enough cards in the box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luc_plays_MC wrote:
There's already enough cards in the box
Or put it in the rulebook. The issue is not an aid missing so much as you literally cannot play the game with what you get (and are required to have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
There's no room in the rulebook. They'd have to have an almost empty extra page for each language.

Plus, who takes the 7 route anyway? It's only worth 3 more points than 6 routes, which I think is unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're still digging into TTR at Vol. 5, you'd think you'd have the route scores memorized by now. I sure do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that DoW is owned by FFG, maybe they can release an expansion to fix the rules. Oooh, BURN!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luc_plays_MC wrote:
There's no room in the rulebook. They'd have to have an almost empty extra page for each language.

Plus, who takes the 7 route anyway? It's only worth 3 more points than 6 routes, which I think is unbalanced.
Not having room is not an excuse to have an incomplete rulebook. The stock inventory and the picture example are not critical and could be replaced. Similarly the information could have been put on a card or the board reconfigured in a way to fit it.

The game was shipped missing critical rules necessary to play the game. It doens't matter what they needed to do to put it in there, it should have been there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No room in the rulebook? That's a defense? If you're kidding, ok. If you are not, that is really lame. It is nothing to adjust some fonts and rearrange things to fit the route scoring matrix. It would take as much room as a mini euro card (i.e. business card size). And it doesn't matter one iota if you think the scoring for that route is balanced or not. It's a tight map and in a 4 or 5 player game, someone is going to build that route almost every time because they need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
If you're still digging into TTR at Vol. 5, you'd think you'd have the route scores memorized by now. I sure do!

We went from Europe straight to Uk & Penn. It was an oversight, but not that big of a deal, a quick google sorted us out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue really just makes me question the quality control that goes on at DOW. These are not cheap games and I expect better quality. Now we have Rails and Sails which has a typo on the map (OK I know Parry Sound is a small Canadian town but still - use Gloogle Maps to check how to spell these things please!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
aldaryn wrote:

IKR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
aldaryn wrote:

Well, there's a pretty obvious category of people who might buy Europe as their first TTR game, and then this expansion as their first expansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
esterjey wrote:
This issue really just makes me question the quality control that goes on at DOW. These are not cheap games and I expect better quality. Now we have Rails and Sails which has a typo on the map (OK I know Parry Sound is a small Canadian town but still - use Gloogle Maps to check how to spell these things please!)

I'd (again) like to point out that DOW itself only does the background and the like. It's not Cyrille or Julien's job to correct Alan's typos. Also, DOW only employs about 16 people in total (I know because my dad is a programmer for the app there), and most of them work for the tech half of the company. So don't think DOW's a big company that can do quality control but chooses not to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luc_plays_MC wrote:
I'd (again) like to point out that DOW itself only does the background and the like. It's not Cyrille or Julien's job to correct Alan's typos. Also, DOW only employs about 16 people in total (I know because my dad is a programmer for the app there), and most of them work for the tech half of the company. So don't think DOW's a big company that can do quality control but chooses not to.
If they can't do quality control because half their employees are programmers, perhaps their priorities aren't in order. It would be like a company saying we don't do customer service because everyone that works here exclusively designs games. Plus they are owned by Asmodee so I am sure they could find someone in the company to handle it if they had to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is no reason for not having something, be it a score card or something. Still no excuse and even more so if they tested in some capacity.

This is the only map where people go to great lengths saying the wagons don't score and only the stock and tickets score. The reason - no score is on the map. No joke. That is pretty sad when this has happened time and time again. Sure the rules say it plays like other maps but there is no mention about wagon scoring. Thus people who play it initially think the wagons don't score.

And if DoW did some testing, this would have been revealed through that as well. Obviously I don't think that happened and sadly it shows on this map alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good case for a fan-made rules card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.