Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Damage Deck sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone been able to find sleeves for the damage deck that in any other colors? All I have been able to find is clear. It would be nice to be able to keep better track of which ones belong to who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gel pen on the front of the cards? One of my players was doing that with his dials, although I don't remember if he did it with the cards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen several players in several games use sharpies to mark the front sides of their card sleeves to differentiate them from others when they were using clear sleeves.

It's simple enough to do, just be sure to do it on the face side so that they are not marked on the back side which is face up when you draw them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only ones I've every seen were the ones that I got with Myth from Megacon games. They have small sleeves with myth icons in the back (though I think their web store is out).

Also they are European mini sleeves (which are larger).

Sorry I can't think of anything more useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. I like Trueflights because I don't want to do anything to the card itself. A shame that neither FF or other manufacturers have not picked up on a good opportunity here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
A shame that neither FF or other manufacturers have not picked up on a good opportunity here.

Yeah, I mostly sleeve games because they get played around food, or because they've gotten (or started) marked. Clear sleeves don't do me much good for that second case, which is more common for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that many people sleeve the damage deck anyway. Any kind of sleeves will probably distinguish your cards from most others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Not that many people sleeve the damage deck anyway. Any kind of sleeves will probably distinguish your cards from most others.

Strangely enough just about everyone my way uses sleeves on them. I only go to one or two OPs a month these days, but through Resistance is Futile I was going to 4 a month. Without sleeves the deck would be pretty beat up by now.

Even with sleeves I went to an event about a year ago and when I got home I counted my deck and had 3 extra cards. I checked with everyone the next month and nobody said they were short, but they had to come from somewhere or maybe they are like Tribbles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replicator malfunction. Quick, reset the phase inducers and run them through the transporter, or we'll all be buried in cardboard in about....41 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reynolds
Canada
flag msg tools
I have my damage deck sleeved in tobacco sized card toploaders. Unique enough to guarantee no one else has done it. Makes them more rigid and durable too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.