Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play using ACTS this update won't affect you. This update is for the benefit of folks who play live or via PBEM without ACTS. There is a new hand count window button to help keep track of each side's card count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
If you play using ACTS this update won't affect you. This update is for the benefit of folks who play live or via PBEM without ACTS. There is a new hand count window button to help keep track of each side's card count.

Thanks Francisco, can you please supply the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. The direct URL to the file is:

http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/d/d5/EOTS_4.3P....

The Empire of the Sun Vassal page is located at:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Empire_of_the_Sun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
No problem. The direct URL to the file is:

http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/d/d5/EOTS_4.3P....

The Empire of the Sun Vassal page is located at:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Empire_of_the_Sun

Great, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A great feature.

Also, about the toggling of transport routes on Linux problem I mentioned in another thread:

- tried an older Java version (which I used with the hex overlay version of transport routes) - did not help
- tried an older VASSAL version (which I used with the hex overlay version of transport routes) - did not help.
- So, it is something about the module. Maybe the almost non-existent width of the new overlay causes some scaling which messes with the "hit" area of the transport routes / hex.

However, for whatever unknown reason, I managed to toggle a transport route with this new module, with difficulties. Alt-click with no visible effect, move mouse a bit to right/below and click, get the menu, click past the menu to get the green border to appear AND STAY, after which the menu can be brought up normally and clicked to toggle it.

I was trying to use the transport route markers to indicate the presence of the route with the previous module, but could not drag them to the map. Just a thought - what about as an alternative, allowing the drag, and using the presence of the transport route marker to trigger the toggle (and automatically delete the marker afterwards). I don't know if VASSAL supports that, but that would be a natural way of marking the route - the user would not need to know about the alt+click etc, just drag the marker like on cardboard, and the route magically toggles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have a solution. I'll use a trick I put in Plan Orange.

EDIT: The width of the paths shouldn't be an issue, you should be able to ALT + <click> on any part of the hex to activate it. You have done so when the green outline appears. However the rectangular form might cause some overlap between hexes so I'm giving them a hex-shaped outline to see if that helps you. I submitted an uploaded version of the file, I have no idea how quick these guys are in accepting files.

So far in every test I have done, as long as I'm pressing and holding the ALT key and then click over the hex in question, I'm able to select it and the green outline appears and surrounds the hex. That's when you know you have successfully selected the hex and you can right click.

I'll see about adding an alternate option for the transport routes. I'm mystified as to why Linux seems to have this issue but not Macs or PCs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.