United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I've combed forums and my rulebook and my game components and I know I'm missing something. How do I bring the Avatar into the game for the first time? He doesn't start on the board and rules say only dead monsters may be summoned. He's not dead, sooooooo what am I missing?

It's got to be stupid obvious but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steinberg
United States
Commack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Okay, I've combed forums and my rulebook and my game components and I know I'm missing something. How do I bring the Avatar into the game for the first time? He doesn't start on the board and rules say only dead monsters may be summoned. He's not dead, sooooooo what am I missing?

It's got to be stupid obvious but I can't seem to figure it out.

It's a part of each story. The avatar is summoned at a different point of each story, in between two of the missions. Sometimes early, sometimes late. Story boards are the really large green/blue/red cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard

Frisco
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Donny! Just played it tonight. It's on the scenario. In the intro it's after the heroes complete the second objective. I'm assuming it's the same on the other missing too. I liked it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pumpkinhead76 wrote:
Hey Donny! Just played it tonight. It's on the scenario. In the intro it's after the heroes complete the second objective. I'm assuming it's the same on the other missing too. I liked it!

Hey man!

I knew it would be stupid obvious. I never read the text BETWEEN mission boxes. Ever. And now I see "SUMMON THE AVATAR!" Wow, I'm dumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Justice
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
I am the great Cornholio!
mbmbmbmbmb
A follow up question. When summoned, the avatar follows the regular placement rules, correct? Ie - only on open nests, or a nest of the sins players choice if all the nest spaces are occupied (with monsters). Or can the avatar be placed in any space the sins player chooses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ElCapitan76 wrote:
A follow up question. When summoned, the avatar follows the regular placement rules, correct? Ie - only on open nests, or a nest of the sins players choice if all the nest spaces are occupied (with monsters). Or can the avatar be placed in any space the sins player chooses?

Follows the normal rules. Empty Nest, or if all Nests are occupied, any Nest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ElCapitan76 wrote:

According to page 20 of the rules:

Quote:
Summoning: If an event calls for a Monster to be summoned onto the board, the normal summoning rules are followed... However, in this case, if all Nest tokens are blocked by Monsters, the new figure is placed on any Nest token on the board.

This is presumably also the case when an Apocalypse Card calls for a Monster to be summoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElCapitan76 wrote:

Regular monsters are not spawned if all nests are blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.