Hide
4 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juerg haeberli
msg tools
After playing some more here are some more questions.

1) Does an Allied unit in Tromdheim stop transport of Swedish ore for the Axis during winter ?

We assumed yes.

2) Does a Hungarian unit in Bucharest make a Soviet DoW on Axis for an attack on Bucharest necessary if the Soviets were at war with with Romania before Romania became an Axis ally.

We assumed yes.

3) Can the Hunt for Graf Spee card be used to construct the first Canadian cruise step in Ottawa ?

We assumed yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bluth
msg tools
1) Does an Allied unit in Tromdheim stop transport of Swedish ore for the Axis during winter ?

I would say no. If resources can be in supply by tracing through neutral or friendly sea zones, then the resource can go down to Malmo and then through the Baltic.

2) Does a Hungarian unit in Bucharest make a Soviet DoW on Axis for an attack on Bucharest necessary if the Soviets were at war with with Romania before Romania became an Axis ally.

Yes - since an attack against an ally (the Hungarian unit) is a DOW against all of their allies.

3) I could make the argument that no you can't, since it says "British" and not "Allied" - but I don't know if the designer meant to split hairs like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules under Sweden are pretty clear.

1) "Enemy control of any area of Norway or Denmark suppresses Gällivare minerals for both Winter Turns, but does not increase the Allied total."

2) Yes

3) No, only units with British flag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bluth
msg tools
Doh!

I never look at the Gazetteer enough - my bad for not looking at that for the answer for Sweden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.