Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT SESSION : Wednesday September 14, 2016.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super turnout yesterday. Some new and old faces. Lots of variety of games played.

I introduced Alain, Frank, and Wendy to My Village. They promptly introduced me to losing. I felt mired most of the game, drafting my dice last or second to last most of the night. And, I capped it off by making a mistake in taking the first player tile near the end of the game when I finally had lots of opportunities to mitigate poor die rolls. So, I spent one getting the first player tile and 4 story points and then another banking 5 story points. I would have, perhaps, been better served by taking another two actions, especially since Wendy stole the first player tile and its 1VP from me on her last turn. I did, however, score big on my Council managing to score 4VPs for each of my 5 remaining workers. Alain and Wendy duked it out in the selling section racking up, on average, 40 points each. Frank was very well distributed, with a small lead in points in the church, and bigger leads in travels and story points. It was a enough to give him a 1 point victory. The top 3 were within 2 points of each other and I was "a bit" further back. It was interesting to see that the highest scorer in this game had 5 fewer VPs than the lowest scorer in my first (and only other) game.

Next, Steve joined our group for a quick game of BANG! The Dice Game. Frank was the Sheriff and Wendy quickly revealed herself as the Deputy. Steve was a bit more cagey about his Renegade role. Alain and I just came out firing. I was eliminated first by Steve and then Alain was able to take out the Sheriff on the very next turn.

Lots of great games played. I saw Deception: Murder in Hong Kong, Kingsburg, Saint Petersburg (second edition), The King Is Dead, and a couple of other games played.

See you next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.