Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Villain Group - Frightful Four rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After so many Secret Wars and Civil Wars fighting "Hero Villains", I wanted some good old fashioned Villains to fight again.
This set has the original four members plus extra ones to represent other members that have come and gone over time. I play with all eight for variety but feel free to pick any four for your own set. You probably want to include the Wizard as he is the leader of the group.

Original Members

Additional Members

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandman's fight effect should be written as his escape effect is.

Sandman and Titania should both simply read: "Escape: Same effect."

Nevermind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they are different effects. The Fight applies to the current player and if they Escape, it applies to all players.

Sandman's effect is different as well, as you may get a small reward with the draw a card but if he escapes, it is just Woundsville for the team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Dang, these are great! Much better than the ones I made and printed a while ago. Ugh. Well done! Maybe I'll have to make stickers and replace the card text on mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
this is not legEdit right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing VP on Thundra.

Wait, I just noticed that she is a Hero card??? Is this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cad37 wrote:
this is not legEdit right?

Nope - GIMP.

fret_gurglo wrote:
Missing VP on Thundra.

Wait, I just noticed that she is a Hero card??? Is this right?

Not sure of the context of the question, but "Yes" in two ways:

-The Villains can be gained as Heroes mechanic was introduced in Secret Wars Volume 1 (I assume this was not really the question, but just in case some people are new to Legendary, I thought I would mention it).

-Thundra was part of the Frightful Four as she wanted to test her strength against Earth Heroes, in particular The Thing, but did not agree with Wizard's end game, so she joined the Fantastic Four instead.
You know, the typical Villain turning into a Hero after experiencing some form of epiphany story
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Care to share your heroic villain template layer only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that is templated is the Villain ATT on the right but you can just copy that layer from your Villain template into your Hero one (that is what I did). Other than that is the same as the Hero template. The separation line is just a bunch of hyphens or you may need to use underscores depending on the Font.

Each image will require some custom tweaking though to make it work at the bottom to cover some of the unwanted bits like the Hero cost icon, unless you have a different template that has that already removable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, wasn't sure if you had a layer that didn't have any left over cost iconography.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Impressive work. I know far too little about any of them to intelligently comment on how well you captured what they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Titania is hard hard hard to get a pic for.
I want to use her - but all the pics are either too cartoony, too low res, or (mostly) too sexy for a kids' game.

Anyone have a good pic we can use for her card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Well done. I really like this set!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Medusa was a bad guy???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Big Fresh - Originally Medusa was bad but later she joins forces with the Fantastic Four and other teams (which of course did not go down well with Wizard).

@Ranger Rob - Thank you again for tracking ALL the customs, the database and its use is priceless!
When you get a chance, can you please add the following too:
Bystander Update #3
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Droideka_D84 wrote:
@Big Fresh - Originally Medusa was bad but later she joins forces with the Fantastic Four and other teams (which of course did not go down well with Wizard).

@Ranger Rob - Thank you again for tracking ALL the customs, the database and its use is priceless!
When you get a chance, can you please add the following too:
Bystander Update #3
Thank you

Thank you. Added the Bystanders. Not sure how I missed them, but I do from time to time. Thanks for pointing them out. They are a good batch. Especially Tom Brady.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.