Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Trump caught breaking tax law contributing illegally to florida DA investigating trump university. The investigation was dropped after an illegal campaign documentation.

Trump then said he never met or spoke to the DA, despite clear evidence he had met her (i.e. blatant lie).

Having secrets like this in his tax returns makes him vulnerable to blackmail by foreign governments, lobbiests, and corporations.

He said he would provide them. He didn't.
He's hiding something bad. It stinks. And it may even be putting the country at risk.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that you're wrong mac but you seem extremely vehement about this election/Trump. Any particular reason?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Because he loves his country?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Having secrets like this in his tax returns makes him vulnerable to blackmail by foreign governments, lobbiests, and corporations.




3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Not that you're wrong mac but you seem extremely vehement about this election/Trump. Any particular reason?


Not so much. I post on the numbers (good or bad) from princeton wang and fivethirtyeight.com.

Then I post on what new lies, illegal activities, conman activities, or bigoted and racist statements Trump has made in the 1-3 days since I last posted.

Trump lies.
Or Trump is caught doing something illegal.
Or Trump swindles his own followers.
Or Trump either hires someone racist or says something racist.
Or Trump says something about how much he loves communist and facist strongmen.

But really, I'm not even keeping up with Trump. As they said on morning joe, you'd need a 3 hour weekly special just to fact check the lies he makes every week. Interviewing trump is dealing with "a torrent of lies".

It may seem vehement but really I'm just trying to keep up. Because of my searches, I now have a pretty good infobubble going. I get at least a dozen new reports a day.

And he would be one of our worst president's ever- but that part feels out of my hands. My state's going to vote trump for president.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Having secrets like this in his tax returns makes him vulnerable to blackmail by foreign governments, lobbiests, and corporations.






Can you say something positive about trump at least? Criminy.

Trump threads are about TRUMP. You want to say something bad about Clinton- go start yer own thread.

You can't continue to wave away Trump's bad deeds by always waving the clinton bullfighting cape.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Having secrets like this in his tax returns makes him vulnerable to blackmail by foreign governments, lobbiests, and corporations.






Can you say something positive about trump at least? Criminy.

Trump threads are about TRUMP. You want to say something bad about Clinton- go start yer own thread.

You can't continue to wave away Trump's bad deeds by always waving the clinton bullfighting cape.
BUT CLINTON DID IT!!!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmb
I'm kind of surprised the Bondi story hasn't gotten more legs.

Seems like one of the cleanest quid pro quo cases we've seen in a while,

On the other hand, it's been fairly quiet on the Trump U lawsuits in general.

maybe it's just horse-raceism though.
8 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
windsagio wrote:
I'm kind of surprised the Bondi story hasn't gotten more legs.

Seems like one of the cleanest quid pro quo cases we've seen in a while,

On the other hand, it's been fairly quiet on the Trump U lawsuits in general.

maybe it's just horse-raceism though.


Horse race-ism leads to awful False Equivalism. To make the race a horse race, you have to argue that Trump is as bad as Hilary. Otherwise, it might be a blowout and that doesn't sell newspapers or get advertising on blogs now does it people?????

Darilian
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Businessman contributes a couple grand to politician and expects a favor!!! Details at 11:00!!!

Those foreign govts and bankers that gave hundreds of millions to a sitting Secretary of State.... why that was just ... just... what was that exactly?




Do you get 'quid pro quo'?

Like it or not, it's a whole different ballgame when it goes from 'well the politician didn't promise anything, but we think this will make them feel favorable to us' and 'hmm, my state has a lawsuit for this guy, I'd better solicit a donation... (time passes) ... Wow the lawsuit disappeared!'

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Those foreign govts and bankers that gave hundreds of millions to a sitting Secretary of State

except, of course, that never happened.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
I do get quid pro quo, actually. Do you?

You think there is a whole written contract of what people get for their money?

I give you money. You don't regulate me too much. You regulate me too much and the money stops. You back off, the money flows. You don't back off and that money is redirected to opponents.

No communication ever needs to take place.


That... no. This case seems to be a very specific payment for a very specific action... one that was apparently solicited.

"I'll give you money and hope that you do something good for me in the future" is the way it works, but that's because the EXPLICIT trading of favors is forbidden.

That's laying aside the fact that the ways the money were moving were extremely different.

~~~

In general, defending this isn't a good look Brian, you might want to reconsider discussing it, even via pushback. Your best hope is that it just withers from lack of attention.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Those foreign govts and bankers that gave hundreds of millions to a sitting Secretary of State

except, of course, that never happened.


Who gave her all that money?

What money are you talking about?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
you are all over the place here.

first you said

Quote:
foreign govts and bankers that gave hundreds of millions to a sitting Secretary of State


then you say

Quote:
Politifact acknowledges they've nearly earned a quarter billion since leaving office, and their foundation has raised another 2 billion.


let's stick with your first erroneous claim: where is the evidence that foreign governments and bankers gave Hillary Clinton hundreds of millions of dollars while she was secretary of state?

that would be between January 21, 2009 and February 1, 2013. And remember that the Clinton Foundation is not the same as Hillary Clinton.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought the Trump Foundation was just run-of-the-mill oversized gift checks and softball league sponsorship shit that local rich guys like to do in NYC. But according to the Washington Post's investigation, Trump's Foundation seems as purely corrupt as it can get:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-donald-trump-ret...

-taking other people's money, then passing it through the Trump Foundation and taking the credit for the charitable donation
-overcharging his own foundation for use of his own banquet hall, so he could profit from it
-taking donations and buying himself gifts (like a 20k self portrait)
-bribing state AGs to look the other way for his local sames (like Trump U)
-sometimes he apparently just claims he's donating money (to the IRS), then never bothers to give it (but takes the deduction, apparently).

And the CLINTONS are corrupt? LOL.
8 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Your position is that giving hundreds of millions to the spouse and the foundation is a different thing?

I haven't actually stated a "position", I'm asking you to back up your assertions, which seem to keep changing. you say a lot of wrong things and then change them to other wrong things.

Quote:
Giving contracts to Halliburton was fine?

Halliburton is a for profit corporation. the Clinton Foundation is a non-profit charity. Do you see the difference there?

Quote:
Paying off a local politician is shady, but the Clintons are above reproach.

said no one, ever.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanity Painting: $20k
Getting your fake charity to buy it: Priceless!
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.