Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: What has happened to FFG customer service? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
FFG used to have the best customer service around and is a big part of the reason that I was such a loyal customer. If my kid chewed on a figure or something was broken or missing from the box... you could always count on FFG to help you out, either with a free replace or buy selling you a replacement set so you did not have to buy a entire new box.

This is a distant memory. FFG have completely forgotten how to treat their customers and with up encomers like PladeHat and Portal CoolMini, Ares and more making great games and with great customer service... FFG is going to be hurt in the long run.

I know that I for one will not be buying a FFG game in the near future, when they used to be the goto board game company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the world of shareholder value maximization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had two E-Web Troopers from Imperial Assault that came with broken cables, I filled out the online form and attached a picture and they sent me two new ones quickly. Seems to be fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
was that before or after the parts request form went to the asmodee site and not the FFG one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
was that before or after the parts request form went to the asmodee site and not the FFG one?

As I just posted in another thread, this was last week:
jimmcmahon, in another thread, wrote:
Picked up a copy of Mansions of Madness 1st edition on Monday. On Tuesday I opened it and found two miniatures didn't have thier arms glued on (nor were they in the box at all). Filled out the CS form, and on Friday I had the replacements in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad customer service does not maximize the company's value.

Chrysm wrote:
Welcome to the world of shareholder value maximization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
if you want your post to last (as far as visibility) more than one cycle and given they are a publisher...

Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
I recently had a good experience with FF/Asmodee customer service I had a few damage cards in my LOTR card game. And they sent me 3 new ones within the week. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience and hopefully it's not a regular thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
FFG used to have the best customer service around and is a big part of the reason that I was such a loyal customer. If my kid chewed on a figure or something was broken or missing from the box... you could always count on FFG to help you out, either with a free replace or buy selling you a replacement set so you did not have to buy a entire new box.

This is a distant memory. FFG have completely forgotten how to treat their customers and with up encomers like PladeHat and Portal CoolMini, Ares and more making great games and with great customer service... FFG is going to be hurt in the long run.

I know that I for one will not be buying a FFG game in the near future, when they used to be the goto board game company.

Is this a general I hate FFG post or did something specific happen? You give examples of how they used to be, but don't on how things are now (according to you).

Are you telling me Cool Mini or Not has great customer service? Have you read their forums?

Do really believe the bold text? Have you read any of FFG forums lately? For what I have seen(read), they are hitting it out of the park. And no, I an not an FFG fangeek. In fact, I haven't been interested in their games in quite a while. I just think this statement was made with little thought and don't believe one bad experience with CS is going to ruin them.

So...why the hate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seththedog wrote:

So...why the hate?

Internet Rule #1. Hate in anonymity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaad left FFG a long time ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Day Life, what are the specifics based for your post? Just curious what your story was that prompted this post as you did not share any specifics.

For what it it's worth, I have had zero problem with FFG's customer service since the merger. Only had to use it once, but my Scum and Villainy Y-Wing, the first time I used it (Despite having owned it for quite a few months), the base female connector on the bottom of the Y-Wing broke as I pulled the stand pin straight out. Sent them a picture, explained what happened and I had a new S&V Y-Wing in two weeks. Can't complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seththedog wrote:

Are you telling me Cool Mini or Not has great customer service? Have you read their forums?

I've been warned by friends to stay away from Cool Mini.

As for FFG, I guess it's partly about expectations. A few years ago you could pick up phone, send an email, or even a geek mail and Thaad would go above and beyond to take care of you.

Now you have to send a form with proof and wait a bit longer to get your part.

May still be better then most companies out there, but it fails some people's expectations based on previous experience.

Personally I've only had great customer experience from Queen Games. My expectations have been met by all others I've dealt with except for Schmidt Spiele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.