Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?...

It looks like they've bottomed out and are starting to improve again.

Clearly Trump's admiration of Putin crossed a line (tho he's crossed so many lines.. if you think of any democratic candidate saying and doing a third of the things Trump has said and did... the conservatives on this board would be having coronaries).

If clinton came out to day about how great Putin was, would conservatives take it calmly (even praise it) or would they explode?

Trump is a massive liar. Even Bob Woodward was blown away by trump's continuous lying. It's impossible to use followup questions when trump simply lies in response to followup questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's reminiscent of Zsa Zsa Gabor's universal advice: "Deny Everything."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone in the news needs to have the guts to call him hard on it live in a big setting, a debate would be great. Present him with several blatent lies and facts, ask him wtf, and if he begins spinning new obvious ones tell him flstly 'you are lieing right now' on follow up. It won't break his shell, but he will go into his usual defensive tantrum mode which is about as good as you can do with him. Let him blow up on national tv, he won't lose drew'z vote, but he'll shed the scraps of the middle he is clawing for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't used "firmed up", you know how many 13 year olds post in RSP?

It's like all of The Finest™

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Someone in the news needs to have the guts to call him hard on it live in a big setting, a debate would be great. Present him with several blatent lies and facts, ask him wtf, and if he begins spinning new obvious ones tell him flstly 'you are lieing right now' on follow up. It won't break his shell, but he will go into his usual defensive tantrum mode which is about as good as you can do with him. Let him blow up on national tv, he won't lose drew'z vote, but he'll shed the scraps of the middle he is clawing for.

What's the intersection of the set of people likely to want to do this and the set of people likely to be able to do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

What's the intersection of the set of people likely to want to do this and the set of people likely to be able to do this?

Very small, though CNN seems ever increasingly fed up with Trumps Bullshit (the call outs in ticker headlines and subjects) It would be a gutsy move on the part of a news org or moderator, but it could happen. He's crossed polite ignorance of decorum into brute insults and manipulation often enough it could be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
bob_santafe wrote:

Without checking context, it's impossible to know who you're talking about.
She was another immigrant taking American jobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
bob_santafe wrote:

And her sister was a no-doubt undocumented farm worker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

People on "Morning Joe" are ready to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
bob_santafe wrote:

Without checking context, it's impossible to know whether you're talking about Hillary or Trump.

it's impossible to have a context with trump- he lies in response to being caught in lies that he lied about to paper over previous lies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Mac, I wonder if you're even capable of acknowledging the countless lies -- about national security -- that Hillary has been caught in.

Oh, yes. I'm completely concerned about security if HRC is president. Trump on the other hand, in between giving messy BJs to Putin, would be jeopardizing not only the US, but any ally for four years.

This dude is less qualified than Brownie who ran FEMA. He actually makes GDub seem like a sensible leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Mac, I wonder if you're even capable of acknowledging the countless lies -- about national security -- that Hillary has been caught in.

Has hillary clinton lied?

OF COURSE.

She lies about 1/3 of the time when fact checked. She engaged in lying by omission when dealing with congress (so she avoided breaking the law by saying she can't remember when we are pretty sure she did remember- but she carefully avoided breaking the law).

Donald Trump lies constantly. He lies in response to questions about prior lies. The press never had to deal with someone so shameless about lying like this before. But they are learning. Trump is DOWN to lying 77% of the time (from 93% during the republican primaries).

Can you acknowledge that Trump lies constantly?
Can you acknowledge that Trump is dangerously infatuated with Putin and that Putin is clearly backing Trump for president?
Can you (like former republican presidents and presidential candidates) acknowledge that a vote for Trump is against U.S. national interests?
That in an unprecedented way, none of them helped the republican party presidential candidate and none attended the republican national committee?
That many of Trumps supporters are racist whites?

I know.. I know.. there is so much to acknowledge. We have never had a race where republican ex presidents and senior party members said it would be better to vote for the democratic presidential candidate.

Vote for the republican senators and congressmen but you are being anti american if you vote for Trump.

While I am pro clinton, I also recognize that Trump is probably the worst candidate for president we've ever had. Four years of clinton and a republican senate and congress would be better than having trump as our president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Donald Trump lies constantly. He lies in response to questions about prior lies. The press never had to deal with someone so shameless about lying like this before.

Sure they have. Her name is Hillary Clinton. Second only to Bill Clinton when it comes to telling lies. (No, she's probably still in first place.)

It's just that the press will happily protect her, and so a "fact check" for Hillary is only as good as the fact-checker, most of whom are just shills for Hillary.

When reality doesn't match up with your opinions, it is obviously reality thwt is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Donald Trump lies constantly. He lies in response to questions about prior lies. The press never had to deal with someone so shameless about lying like this before.

Sure they have. Her name is Hillary Clinton. Second only to Bill Clinton when it comes to telling lies. (No, she's probably still in first place.)

It's just that the press will happily protect her, and so a "fact check" for Hillary is only as good as the fact-checker, most of whom are just shills for Hillary.

It amazes me how you can sit and watch trump lying his ass off (obviously lying- caught in lies- etc. etc.) and not process that reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

It amazes me how you can sit and watch trump lying his ass off (obviously lying- caught in lies- etc. etc.) and not process that reality.

It amazes me how you can sit and watch Hillary lying her ass off (obviously lying- caught in lies- etc. etc.) and not process that reality.

It amazes me that I can say "OF COURSE" clinton lies in large capital letters and you still can't understand what I'm saying.

And now for the hard of hearing... garrett morris...

YES. CLINTON LIES.

ABOUT A THIRD AS OFTEN AS TRUMP.

AND I REALLY THINK TRUMP IS HIDING SOMETHING HUGE IN HIS TAX RETURNS.

Thank you garrett..

We need the press to get off it's collective ass and start confronting and investigating Trump's lies as aggressively as the republicans have pursued the clinton's for the last 25 years.

Trump is an amazing liar. A really big liar. Everybody knows Trump lies constantly. Lotsa people say Trump is a liar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

It amazes me how you can sit and watch Hillary lying her ass off (obviously lying- caught in lies- etc. etc.) and not process that reality.

Ah, you want a troof teller, so your brain doesn't have to spin up to a functional level. I can see how it is tough to get through life when you have to parse the words coming out of other people's mouths. So much work trying to determine what they mean, the veracity of their statements, the context, the subtleties.

You need a strong man that tells you the truth and what to do. Removes the responsibility and necessity for that brain thigamajig.

It must be exhausting for y'all. What an adorable Drew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
bob_santafe wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
What DID the "Zsa Zsa-HAND" 'say' to the 'Cop-FACE'?
thumbsupsurprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

YES. CLINTON LIES.

ABOUT A THIRD AS OFTEN AS TRUMP.

Sounds like a campaign slogan to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.