Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » General

Subject: Crossroad Cards. / Simillar Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Maier
Germany
flag msg tools
hey there,

i love the Crossroad cards from this Game, where you draw a card and it tells you how the Game Progresses ...positive and negative.

Moving enemys, survivors getting ill, military incoming, more zombies, such things.

So i am searching for Games with this mechanic.
I Think arkham horror has such an mechanic for example.

with regards

Gwildor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends what do you like about this mechanism. Dead of Winter essentially has event cards which are in many games, but their event cards are triggered by player actions - which is not a trigger that is used in many games.

Battlestar Galactica ties event and crisis cards together and has multiple layers to the impact, but not a paragraph of story.

Best event card mechanism is however in Robinson Crusoe, which has a trigger of sorts related to player action (exploration, building, gathering), but also has a choice and an echo effect, meaning that it can impact something later on in the game based on player actions.

There are other games with event cards too, but it's difficult to tell without knowing what do you actually like about them. Even new monsters in Ghost Stories are essentially event cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maier
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answer!

I like it when you have to choice direction of the story ( like to adventure and story cards in the Fallen).

I also liked the Eldritch Horror Adventure Cards. Probe and then A or B.
Another example here is the Android Boardgame where Scott in his Review tells us about the personal story of the Characters. at 2:31 minute there is a picture from what i mean with this story choices.

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/850/android/scotts-stuff-bri...

Furthermore i like that trigger mechanic and if there are story choices that are important for the further game. I didnt play BG, so i cant tell u whether i like it or not. But Castaways is an great example with the adventure cards in this Game.

best wishes and thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.