$30.00
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While to start with it is not the end of the world to have shuffle in or remove various decks if two campaigns are at different points however does it almost get beyond being practical once you get to the third adventure deck as you would have to keep an exact record of which cards have been banished because they have the basic trait. Has anyone bothered to run parallel campaigns, especially for adventure deck 3 and beyond? Wouldn't the set up time just become too much? Or are the number of banished cards relatively few and therefore fairly easy to remove if required?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerbster76 wrote:
While to start with it is not the end of the world to have shuffle in or remove various decks if two campaigns are at different points however does it almost get beyond being practical once you get to the third adventure deck as you would have to keep an exact record of which cards have been banished because they have the basic trait. Has anyone bothered to run parallel campaigns, especially for adventure deck 3 and beyond? Wouldn't the set up time just become too much? Or are the number of banished cards relatively few and therefore fairly easy to remove if required?

Have not. Would buy just another set. But I value my peace of mind higher than a piece of my savings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done it. But it is a lot of extra work. You need to keep lists of what cards are removed and players cards and reset everything. One of my groups was meeting more frequently than the other so it was not bad. I would not recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to do this, when the game was first being released and there was a two month wait between adventures. I had a couple of my own solo campaigns running, plus a group with friends at a games club. It took about 20-30 minutes to write down the state of one group and restore another "saved" game - and the more removed cards, the longer it takes.

Eventually I bought a second copy so I could keep a group game and a solo game at the same time (that wasn't the only reason; it also meant I would be able to mix the second printing cards with the new class decks).

So I agree that it's doable, but wouldn't really recommend it. I'm glad that now I have complete sets of all three adventure paths released so far, plus the extra copy of RotR, I don't have to do this any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look in the files section, Hawkmoon made sheets with every Basic/Elite card on it, so you can write down what one group has banished, rebuild your box, then write down what the next group banished, etc.

I did this and did not mind it too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elcoderdude wrote:
If you look in the files section, Hawkmoon made sheets with every Basic/Elite card on it, so you can write down what one group has banished, rebuild your box, then write down what the next group banished, etc.

I did this and did not mind it too much.

Can't seem to track down this file? Are you able to include a link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With three different sets available, and a fourth one coming soon, playing a different set for each campaign seems to be a reasonable solution.

I don't know how well it will work, but I plan to keep each character separate after a scenario is completed, keeping his own deck, and a record of the scenarios he has passed (eg. by photocopying the adventure cards). When I play, I select characters, and we play the next scenario of the character who's progressed the furthest. The game might be more difficult, but I gives me the opportunity to try different characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.