Jonathan Carnehl
United States
Fox Point
WI
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

This October my in-laws are going on a riverboat cruise on the Rhine and want to bring back a German board game for me! Does anyone know of any excellent games that you can only find in Germany/Europe?

REQUIREMENTS:
-Not published in US now or in near future
-Must support 2P
-Mostly language independent
-No wargames
-Eurogame preferred

Extra credit goes to someone for recommending a great board game store for my in-laws to look out for. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Heartland

Ironically, it's about farming in the American Midwest but was never released in the US (to my knowledge). Designed by Jeffrey Allers who also designed the excellent New Amsterdam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to try going on Amazon.de (accessible in German and English) to see what's available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glaya B
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapa Nui or Helvetia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Die Legenden von Andor: Chada & Thorn hasn't been published in English yet. It is a cooperative card game for 2 players, mostly language independent and the rules (and card texts) have been translated and can be downloaded from the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Carnehl
United States
Fox Point
WI
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gavin923 wrote:

Heartland

Ironically, it's about farming in the American Midwest but was never released in the US (to my knowledge). Designed by Jeffrey Allers who also designed the excellent New Amsterdam

Great recommendation on Heartland! Thanks! That looks really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Carnehl
United States
Fox Point
WI
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
weyrbrat wrote:

Great call on Helvetia. Glen More by Cramer is one of my all-time favorites so it's definitely at the top of my list! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lennart K.
Germany
flag msg tools
Mondkalb123 wrote:
Die Legenden von Andor: Chada & Thorn hasn't been published in English yet. It is a cooperative card game for 2 players, mostly language independent and the rules (and card texts) have been translated and can be downloaded from the files section.

Or Jäger und Späher . Same author, publisher and english card paste ups for the few text cards but not cooperative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.